Act 1 Chp 1.5: The Taste of Directionless

The cold breeze constantly touches my skin and clothes as I sit on the window. Despite knowing I probably will catch a fever by doing this, I ignore the chill. I look above to stargazing while trying to empty my thoughts.

Lately, I found myself couldn't sleep adequately. I am used to either already fast asleep or lying on the bed trying to sleep at this hour. It's a miracle if I somehow can doze without feeling restless nowadays.

Since the meeting with some personnel from the Knight of Favonius, I've been trying to determine what I should do. I helped them by giving them disclosure of the incident, and Grand Master and others got what they needed to proceed with the case. But-

What about me?

What am I supposed to do?

The Seneschal said I should wait for the news from them. Sadly, I don't feel right sitting here doing nothing while they do their best. Maybe I'm not part of the Knight, but I want to get involved. But again-

*sigh*

...

"Grand Master, don't you think this group sounds familiar?" Eroch inquired.

Eroch was being silent too the whole time.

"Yeah, I thought so too. I didn't expect they would set foot in Mondstadt. But are you sure it's them?"

"Most likely, yes. I'd never heard of any other group of treasure hoarders with a vision bearer among them."

"Fair point."

The rest of us glanced back and forth when Grand Master and Eroch exchanged.

"Morgan, do you remember any names from that group? For example, their leader's name." Eroch questioned.

"... Their leader's name is Kyle."

"I knew it."

"Hang on. Sir Eroch, do you mind elaborating on what you meant?" Fernand interrogated.

Everyone's attention shifts to him, waiting for an explanation. Eroch puts aside his notebook and drinks his tea before opening his mouth.

"This group of treasure hoarders headed by Kyle is one of the high-profile wanted criminals in many nations. The group consists of more than 50 people members, and two of them are vision bearers. They've committed a lot of identical cases like this in the past, and so far, none could apprehend them yet."

"They are pretty dodgy and witted. There's a rumor that the group led by those two vision bearers, namely Kyle and Kenny." Grand Master appended.

"To guarantee the suspects, I'd like to ask you one more thing, Morgan. Do those two wield two different elements, pyro and cryo?"

Hesitantly, I nod.

"That settled then. Fernand, share this intel with the Outriders and dig for more info about this group."

"Understood!" He saluted before leaving.

Eroch continues to write in his notebook. The rest of us remain mute until Grand Master Varka speaks,

"I'll take my leave as well. I will try to ask about this matter to other parties and ask for their cooperation if they know anything." He said before approaching me,

"Thank you for your information, Morgan. You've helped us a lot. Let's hope we can finish this case fast enough."

He shoves his right hand to me, and I reciprocate.

"Thanks to you too."

After the handshake, he steps out of the room. But only after leaving a message to the inspector.