2 | in the middle of balacing

True to her word, Y/n had dragged Sasha to sit with her and the other boy the next morning. Though, it seemed as if she didn't care who she sat with as long as she got to eat. She devoured her breakfast like a starving animal before she started begging the other four on the table for more.

''Come on, you guys, I didn't get to eat yesterday!'' Sasha tried to make herself sound pitiful, which ended up working in her favor — Marco and Y/n handed their breads over. Without asking, Y/n generously donated Jean's too.

''Hey! I was gonna eat that!'' Jean protested, though he didn't try to take his bread back.

Y/n turned to look at him, her eyes tired. ''You heard the girl, she didn't eat yesterday. Take pity on her, Jean-Bo, she needs the energy.''

By the time Y/n had said that, Sasha had devoured the three additional breads and was now wrestling with Connie for his.

Jean narrowed his eyes. ''I think she's got plenty of energy, alright.''

''We'll begin by testing your aptitude! If you can't do this, you're not even fit for bait!''

It was their first day of training — they were to be tested on their balance for the ODM gear.

''You good at balancing, Sasha?'' Y/n asked, looking at her new friend.

Sasha looked up, putting a finger to her chin. ''Huh, I'm not sure. I guess? How hard can it be?''

''If you need help, girls, you can always ask me,'' Jean spoke from Y/n's other side, his eyes crossed and his whole body radiating confidence.

Y/n was between Jean and Sasha — Sasha was swinging around as if she was on a swing, having no problems. Y/n even dared to cross her arms as her balance, too, was good. Jean, on the other hand, had his arms to his sides, trying his best to balance without wiggling.

She couldn't help but laugh. ''You need some help, Jean-Bo?''

Jean glared, though he didn't turn his head to her. He was too concentrated on not face-planting like Jeager a few places down. ''Shut up, Y/n!'' Eventually, Jean, too, found his balance. Then he started scoff about Jeager.

She hadn't been there, but apparently he'd gotten in a fight with Eren over the fact that Eren wanted to join the Survey Corps. Honestly, how dumb was Jean? What did he care who wanted to join which regiment?

Y/n rolled her eyes once she was free from the equipment. ''Stop being an ass to people, Jean.''

''Yeah, yeah.'' Jean looked away, though he stayed by her side. He looked at her a moment later, furrowing his eyebrows. ''You have something in your hair.''

''Huh? What?'' Y/n touched up to her hair, trying to get whatever was in out.

''Here, let me get it for you.'' Jean reached up, grabbed a strand of her hair.

And pulled.

''OUCH! DOUCHEBAG!'' Jean laughed at her outburst, then winced as she hit his shoulder. ''WHAT ARE YOU, SIX?''

Some heads turned, but Y/n didn't care as she glared at Jean, who was laughing at her distress.

Dinner came and the five sat together again. The topic of conversation on a lot of tables was Eren's inability to balance — it didn't help that he'd shown up looking dazed with a bandage around his head.

Jean scoffed. ''If those are the morons who want to join the Survey Corps, no wonder they still haven't been able to have a successful expedition.''

''Don't be so harsh on him, Jean. I'm sure he'll get it,'' Y/n said as she held Sasha's head so she won't be able to reach the four breads everyone had put out of her reach.