28 | in the middle of staining their hands

Y/n was never going to let Jean live this down. In fact, if she'd know what he'd had to do during the mission to capture the Female Titan — dress up and pretend to be Eren — she would've ended him with jokes by now.

Y/n walked next to Sasha and Mikasa when Levi suddenly turned around, yelling, "Watch out! Behind us!"

On cue, a carriage sped past them, snatching Historia and Eren — or rather, Armin and Jean who'd been dressed as them.

This was the plan, of course, but the moment she saw Jean getting tackled to the floor of the carriage, her blood ran cold. "Jea—" she cut herself off. Sasha had tried to call for Armin, but had realized her mistake, too.

"I mean. Christa and Eren!" Sasha called dramatically instead. "They've been kidnapped again!"

Y/n held on her backpack's straps, sharing a look with Sasha as the two nodded at each other.

It wasn't long before they were spread out on the roof of the kidnappers' hideout, waiting for the perfect moment to strike and save Jean and Armin. Y/n chewed on one of her nails as she stood next to Connie, terrified of what could be going on inside at the moment.

"Y/n." She faced Mikasa, who'd approached from behind. "It's time."

Y/n felt relief wash over her. "Let's go."

The two entered the hideout inconspicuously and hid behind some crates. Y/n had shared a look with Jean as they'd entered, who only gave her a nod. The door opened and Y/n watched as a group of men entered. "You're positive that it's Christa and Eren?"

"Yes. They match the descriptions we were given."

"Huh? Where's the guard?"

Now.

Y/n propelled herself with her wires, kicking one of the men square in the face as Mikasa did the same, sending them to the ground. She moved on to another one, flipping him over — she used Annie's way without realizing, but she didn't have time to dwell on that.

A gun was cocked and Y/n noticed Jean and Armin break out of their binds, running over. Her face was then met with a barrel, which she quickly kicked away, breathing heavily once it was out of range. Shit, that was close.

Jean and Armin tied all the men's hands behind their backs. Y/n and Mikasa held down the other two.

"Connie!" Mikasa called as she looked up. "Are you sure those are the only ones?"

"Yeah, that's all of them!" Connie confirmed from the roof. "There's nobody else nearby!"

At the same second, the sound of metal hitting metal sounded through the room and Y/n looked at the man Mikasa was pinning down — he'd taken his gun out, but Sasha's arrow had pierced right through it. Y/n eyes widened. How the fuck did she do that? I gotta get her to teach me.

"If you move again, I won't aim for the gun next time!" Sasha declared as she stood on one of the crates.

"All right, once you finish tying them up, let's meet with the captain," Mikasa commanded.

"Why's that?" Armin asked.

Mikasa stood up. "Those are his orders and he left a message, too."

Y/n's eyes widened, much like everyone else's.

———

"I hear gunshots!" Sasha exclaimed.

"Huh?"

"Over there! I heard a lot of shots!"

Y/n's eyes narrowed. "What's going on?"

"You think something happened?" Jean asked no one in particular.