5 | in the middle of the kidnapping

Jean's eyes snapped open at the loud scream — he knew that scream.

He sat up, looking down at Y/n's empty sleeping bag right next to him. His breath hitched, then he heard the cock of a gun. He looked up, his eyes meeting the ones of a masked man.

''Don't move,'' the man told him before looking around at his buddies. ''Gather their 3D maneuver gear. Hurry.''

No one dared move. Jean's eyes kept moving between the barrel of the shotgun and Y/n's empty sleeping bag. Where the hell is she?!

''What will you do with them?'' Eren asked. He, too, had a shotgun pointed at his face.

''There are certain people that will pay handsomely for these. You can't beat the titans anyway, so what's wrong with taking useless equipment?''

Suddenly, Eren grabbed the end of the shotgun and pushed it up, wrestling with the bandit. ''Everyone, now!''

Jean got up to try and run — he had to find Y/n, that had to be her screaming — when a shot rang out and a bullet grazed his cheek. It stung and something warm dripped down the side of his face. He stooped in place, listening to Eren grunt as he was pushed back to the ground. ''You better think twice before you move again. Don't make a sound.''

Jean's knees trembled, too stunned to even utter a word.

Two carriages arrived and the people started loading up the stolen ODM gear. The trainees could do nothing but watch helplessly.

''LET ME GO!''

Everyone looked to the left. Another bandit emerged, holding Y/n over his shoulder as she wiggled, trying to escape. Her arms were bound, though she continuously hit the bandit in the back.

''Y/N!'' Jean yelled and took a step forward, but another shotgun was pointed at his face.

''Don't move, boy.'' The bandit said.

Y/n looked up at the call of her name. ''Jean!'' She looked around, noticing all the weapons. ''Shit! Don't do anything stupid!''

Jean gritted his teeth as he watched the weapon move from him to Y/n. ''Stop moving or I'll shoot!'' Y/n stilled, her eyes trained on the barrel of the weapon. ''There you go.''

They started bringing Y/n to the carriage. ''We won't kill you. We'll release you at some point.'' One of the bandits said. ''But if you dare to come after us, we'll kill you. Understand?''

They brought Y/n inside and took off, along with all their gear.

''Y/N!'' Jean yelled again, though it was too late. ''Y/N! SHIT!'' He kicked a stray stone, which ended up hitting the carriage, though that did nothing.

''Everyone . . .'' Eren spoke, his shoulders shaking, his back to the group. ''If we attacked as a team, then we could do something!''

Everyone looked sullen, knowing he was right. Jean couldn't look away from the road, the one where Y/n was taken. Who knew what those people would do to her? Where were they taking her? He needed to follow them, he needed to get her back . . .!

''This exercise is over,'' Marco proclaimed.

''It is,'' Armin agreed.

Jean looked up, back at his comrades. ''We can't leave Y/n with those people!''

Everyone looked at him. Marco took a step closer. ''I know, Jean, but with just us, we can't do anything. That's why we should ask the Instructor . . .''

''By the time we ask the Instructor, who knows what those people could've done to her!'' Jean yelled at everyone. He scoffed. ''I'll go alone if you have to. It's obvious you're all cowards!'' Jean couldn't believe what he was saying, but he couldn't think. His heart was beating quicker than usual. His chest was tight. Hell, Y/n just got kidnapped.