An unsurprising surprise

Nitori POV:

As I dip my toes into the glistening blue water, I remember the words of Rin-senpai before he left for Australia.

"Whenever you look out across the ocean, know that I'm just across it looking right back at you." I hear his words echo in my head.

I smile slightly to myself as my blue eyes look out towards the horizon, hoping he is smiling too.

I imagine his red hair blowing in the Australian breeze and the sun shining down and making his skin glow. He's living his dream and I'm happy for him, even if that means I feel lonely sometimes.

I knew Momo was standing on the beach waiting for me, but I needed a moment. I needed a moment to connect, to feel comfort.

"Senpai" I mouth, watching the waves roll in and out.

I watch an eagle soar above me, it's almost as if it called to me. Just to me. Did it just look at me? I shake my head and look back out to sea, wishing that the waves would carry me out to him.

I walk back onto the sand and put my shoes back on, sand sticking to my feet.

"No need to look so sad, it's only 3 months until-" Momo began but quickly put his hands over his mouth, realising he had let too much slip.

"What are you talking about?" I retort as I looks up at him with my puppy-dog eyes.

"N-nothing, I wasn't-I didn't mean to say that!" Momo frantically stuttered and ran his fingers through his orange hair.

I scowled slightly at him and then looked back at the sand.

"Fine!!!! It was meant to be a surprise but...Rin is coming back for a week in 2 months. There, you happy! Now come on!" Momo blurted out and took my hand as we began to run away off the sand and away from the beach.