I remember / War & Reincarnation AU

Nitori rolled over to face Rin, sighing slightly.

"I'm sorry I don't remember." He spoke quietly.

Rin opened his eyes and yawned slightly before he looked at the silver haired boy infront of him, cupping his face in one of his hands.

"It's....it's fine. It's nothing. If anything I'm glad in a way. I mean I want you to know and understand that I'm not crazy but..." Rin replied.

"But?" Nitori questioned.

"It's fine. Stop stressing. It's so early, why are you even awake?" Rin questioned back.

"I-I don't know. Sorry I woke you, you can go back to sleep. I'm just gonna go get some water and maybe make some breakfast" Nitori replied with a slight smile.

"Okay, sure. You strange cute being" Rin mumbled before pulling Nitori in for a kiss then rolling over, back to sleep.

Nitori carefully slipped out of bed and picked up one of Rin's red hoodies from the floor, putting it on. It was baggy and warm. Very comforting.

He slowly shuffled out of the bedroom and down the corridor towards the bathroom.

The bathroom window was open creating a slight breeze. The breeze made him especially thankful for Rin's hoodie.

Nitori walked in and closed the door slightly, keeping it unlocked. He felt some sort of satisfaction knowing that he didn't have to lock the bathroom door around Rin. It was almost comforting in an odd way. He laughed slightly at the thought of it.

His hand reached out and touched the sink and he stood infront of it. In front of the mirror.

His eyes met his. He looked at himself for a second and shrugged.

All of a sudden there was a loud bang from outside. It was most likely a car backfiring. But for Nitori, it was not.

~~~~

It was gunfire. Loud loud gunfire. Suddenly he had been transported back to the trenches of WW1.

There was gunfire. So much gunfire. People were running and firing everywhere. There was mud and blood, so much blood. Rin was next to him though. They both held rifles and were running.

All of a sudden an enemy soldier appeared and Nitori stalled. He couldn't kill. So Rin pushed Nitori out of the way and shot him.

"What was that?" Rin shouted back at Nitori.

"I-I can't. I can't do it! I can't kill someone!" Nitori shouted back, panicking.

"Don't say that. Yes you can!" Rin replied as they both ran a little and stopped.

"I can't. I mean it I really can't" Nitori Wailed.

Rin put a hand on his shoulder and shook him slightly. Also giving a reassuring smile before removing his hand.

"I believe in you. You have-" Rin began but was cut short.

Cut short by the bullet that entered the back of his head.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion as Rin fell to the floor. Nitori instantly shot the enemy soldier in front of him before dropping his rifle and screaming.

~~~~

All of a sudden Nitori was brought back to reality. Yet he found himself still screaming. He took a few steps back, hitting his body off of the teal coloured wall.

"No,no,No,no.." He found himself mumbling repeatedly.

He didn't understand. He didn't want to understand. Why.

Rin suddenly burst into the bathroom, clearly altered by Nitori's screaming. He grabbed Nitori's shoulders and shook him slightly.

"Nitori, Nitori what's wrong are you okay?" He asked frantically, almost shouting.

Nitori slowly placed his hand on the back of Rin's head before bursting into a fit of tears.

"I-I....I saw..it. I r-remember" he spoke between sobs.

Rin instantly pulled Nitori into him, holding him tightly.

"Shhh,shhhh. It's okay. It's okay. I'm here, you're here. We're fine. We're together now"