Sorry

"Hey, it's me, Rin,

I've never written a letter like this before. It's weird. Makoto suggested it. He said it might help.

First of all I wanted to say that I miss you. Not a day goes by where I don't think about you. As cliched as it sounds, you were my everything. You were my life. I didn't tell you that enough so here I am telling you now.

Second of all, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you couldn't talk to me. You couldn't tell me how you felt. I'm sorry I wasn't there all the time, that I wasn't supportive enough. You needed me and I wasn't there and I'm sorry.

It's been two weeks and I've only left the flat a handful of times. Sousuke and Momo come over regularly to force me to eat and force me to get out of bed. I'm thankful for them. I don't deserve such caring friends.

Today, however, is different. I'm writing this outside! I'm down on the beach, it's sunny and peaceful. Remember that one day we went down to the beach and you fell over and sprained your ankle and I had to carry you home but we were in a funny mood and stopped for ice cream first. I asked for a bag of ice and the man behind the counter laughed and I had to explain it all. That was a fun day. I lived for those days. I lived for our love.

I miss you Nitori. I really do. I also love you. I love you more than anything in the whole universe.

I hope you're finally at peace wherever you are. "