In my arms / Demon au

I just realised now that in a way this is kind of an alternative ending to my other demon AU oneshot 'gone'

-----

Rins p.o.v :

My arms hold your body and you feel so light, as if I'm not even carrying anything at all. I want to scream and shout but it is too late for any of that to matter. For it to change anything.

Your hair still looks so shiny and silver and neat, but your eyes are closed and you are cold. The bullet wound continues to drip blood, as if it is taunting me even though I know you are gone.

The beach is dark and I have no idea where I am carrying you. I just wanted to feel you in my arms, to hold you close to me. To take you away from here.

It was cruel of me to have ever have involved Nitori in my life. I knew it was wrong but I couldn't get rid of the connection we had. You made me feel normal and safe and happy. Happier than I had ever been in my entire life.

But look at us now. The only breaths on this beach are my own, even though you are here with me. You're not really here. I am to blame for this in every way. Had I not been selfish and had I gone away and left you alone and done what they had said. You may be lying in your bed right now, warm and cosy. You would've woken up and gone swimming and not thought about me once, painful but you would have been alive. Alive.

One of my eyes was still purely black. But that did not stop the silent tear from flowing. It had a red tint and felt as if it burned slightly as it rolled down my pale face. But it didn't matter.

You feel so limp and lifeless. You feel the opposite of what you truly are. I hold you close. Your once white t-shirt is almost purely red now.

I find myself gripping you tighter and holding you closer. I'm on the verge of bursting out into tears and dropping with you to the ground. But I mustn't. I caused this, I don't get to feel sorry for myself.

I stop walking and I breath deeply. My eyes cast down upon you. The sight of you so weak in my arms makes me feel such guilt. It makes me angry and confused. It makes me weak. I wince. You shouldn't be in my arms.

"I'm sorry"