03

—smiling is the way to feel you are healing even if you aren't

Y/N'S POV | past ::

Dark brown eyes.

They say that eyes are windows to your soul and apparently the gut I met yesterday has dark brown eyes. They looked soulless, empty and somehow difficult to understand. I was in his vicinity for a few minutes only but it felt weird. "Y/n!" I flinch at the sudden voice and look up to see my teacher glaring at me. The class burst into laughter as I felt the chalk hitting my forehead. Letting out a groan, I stand up on my feets. "Where the hell is your focus?!" The male exclaimed as I twisted my lips while holding onto the hem of my t-shirt.

God y/n , you can't get caught up with a guy.

"Sorry, Mr Han." I mumbled as he shook his head. "I want you mentally in the class and not just physically!" He roared as I let out a hum while sitting back on my seat. I saw my friend surpassing her laughter as I pinched her thigh. "Ouch!" Hyein, yelped in pain while I passed her a glare. 

"Where are you lost at?" She whispered as I shook my head. "Nowhere." I muttered as we both focused on our class. I was an architecture student in my 2nd year. Let's say I got into the university through a scholarship. Seoul was a very new city for someone like me. Although I wasn't used to staying in one place, Seoul was very different from all the cities I've lived in before.

My mother kept moving from one city to another until I got my scholarship and we had to move here a few months ago. She made me do online classes for more than a  year. Now that I was finally here, I didn't know what to do until I bumped into Hyein. We clicked together and became friends instantly. She was the only person I was close to here in the college. 

The bell rang indicating that our class had ended for today. "Finally!" Hyein groaned as she leaned her head back while I let out a chuckle staring at her. "Mr Han is so boring." She mumbled with a dramatic sigh following afterwards. "Teachers are supposed to be boring." I muttered. We collected our stuff from the desk and went out. I stared up at the sky, letting out a sigh. "So, what exactly were you thinking in the class today?" Hyein questioned. I looked inside my bag and pulled out two chocolate bars. Passing one to the girl beside me, I adjusted my bag over my shoulder. "Nothing specific, just exams and stuff." I mumbled. I didn't lie because I have been stressing about exams and since I'm a scholar student so I have to maintain my score. 

"Jeez, boring." Hyein said as she munched on her chocolate. I let out a smile at her words while we both kept walking towards the bus stop. "You think that's boring?" I questioned as she hummed. "Tell me the last time you were with a guy and couldn't stop talking about him." She stated as I blinked my eyes. I have never been in a relationship. Not like a serious one anyways. "You're almost 24 and still no sign of some romance." Hyein sighed as I glared at her. "I've never felt things for any guy." I mumbled. She let out a snort at that. "You think all the stories you've heard from your mom and all the movies you've watched can help you with that?" I twisted my lips.