10

—I've memorized you like a habit of mine

Y/N'S POV | past ::

It was my 24th birthday.

Just like every year, my mother planned a small dinner with cake but unlike every year, it was not just my mother and me, instead I had Hyein and Jungkook for the dinner. Though I was waiting for someone else to arrive as well. "Looking for someone?" Jungkook tapped my shoulder from behind as my eyes were focused on the window. I let out a sigh while shaking my head. "Don't worry, Hyung will come soon." He added as I hit his arm.

The brat never leaves a chance to tease me about Jimin. It has been five months since we got into a relationship. An official one. Everything's going on really well but the thing that sometimes bothers me is Jimin can't find time for me sometimes and the injuries that I see on him every other week are a bit concerning. "Y/n! Cummon, let's cut the cake honey!" My mother yelled out while placing the food on the dining table. "Yes! Come here!" Hyein exclaimed. "But—" 

"Let's go, y/nie!" Jungkook cut off my words as he placed both his hands on my shoulders and pushed me inside, away from the window. I glanced at the clock which struck at 8pm. He said he'd be there when I cut the cake. He said he will come. "Kook?" Jungkook hums at me. "Don't worry I'm gonna try calling him." He says, understanding my words without having me to voice them out. He tries multiple times but Jimin never answers the phone call.

An uncertain feeling settles in my chest as I play with the ring in my finger out of anxiety. "Hyung is all good, y/n. He must be busy somewhere." Jungkook stated but I could see the worry in his eyes. "He can visit you sometime later, y/n. Jimin is a busy man and you should understand this." My mother stated, though she wasn't very pleased to know that I was dating Jimin but she respected my decision because she loves me. 

"Let's wait for a while. Please?" I asked as the three of them agreed. We waited for another hour and when Jimin didn't show up at all, I decided to cut the cake at my best friend's request. My eyes watered ,thinking that he is not here and I wanted him to be here badly. He only sent me flowers in the morning with a card wishing happy birthday and a phone call where he said that he will attend my birthday party.

Never have I ever had a person other than my mom but this year I had someone I wanted to spend my special day with and him not showing up just added more to my misery. Watching around myself I saw how everyone else was happy for me so I did what I always did best. Pretend a smile. I put on the smile and went with the rest of the night. 

"I'm sure Hyung got busy or else he would've made it here." Jungkook muttered as he was about to leave. "It's alright! I get it he is busy. Besides, he already wished me." Jungkook gave me a tight hug before leaving. "I would've stayed the night but my father isn't in town so I need to be home with mom." Hyein mumbled, a sense of guilt coating her words. I immediately shook my head and pulled her into a tight hug. "Hey! It's alright!" I exclaimed.