12

—Trusting people is like walking on the stones

JIMIN'S POV | past ::

"Follow that dumbwit!" I roared as I was seated in the backseat of my car. Few of my guards were following from behind. "How did he even run away?!" I asked, my eyes scanning the front as I searched for a certain white car. "He tricked the guards." Taehyung muttered, a curse following his words. "Those dumbshits!" At least I don't regret shooting a bullet through their skull. Letting out a groan, I threw an order to follow the car driving in front of ours.

We kept driving for a brief moment, until the car we were behind was trapped between us. I smirked at that. "Pull into the alley." I stated while Taehyung nodded his head and did as I ordered. Minute later, I stepped out of the car and so did the person who ran away from my guards' reach and we were following him. Minseok. He was limping as my men pulled him out of the car. "You only brought trouble for yourself by running away." I stated, stepping towards him. He looked up at me, his eyes glaring in my direction. 

"Why are you doing this?" He questioned as I tilted my head to the side. "You tell me.." I munched, my eyes darkening by each second. "Weren't you the one who messed with the package we sent to the Russian party?" I asked, grabbing his chin. He hissed as my finger dug into his jaw. "I.." He couldn't speak but there's a fierceness in his eyes which I don't like at all. I pull away from the guy. Suddenly, he runs off.

I don't understand how but it happens in a mere seconds, a moment because he was right here and then he was running away. "What the fuck?! Follow him!" He has something going on and I need to find him. I roared out curses at my men as they started following minseok. 

It suddenly turns into a game of tag. We were in a quiet place but then minseok sprinted towards the other building. "He has a gun! Be careful!" Taehyung exclaimed as I clenched my jaw. "Shoot him the moment you see him." I muttered. We reach into the empty parking lot and start looking for him. There are vehicles surrounding the place and I'm sure there are cameras too. He chose a great place to hide.

I cursed under my breath while examining the surroundings. It's empty. Knitting my brows together, I still look around and then my eyes land on the figure through a rear mirror of one car, hiding behind the other one. "He is there." I whispered to Taehyung who signaled others to follow quietly. We almost had him but he shoots in our direction and then runs away again. A scream echoes in the air but I don't pay any attention and keep my focus on minseok. 

He again sprints in a random direction even with his injured leg. We lose him for a moment and I pull my hair out of frustration but then I hear a voice. So familiar. It's so familiar that I can hear it even in my deep slumber. My heart picks its pace as I follow the distant voices and step towards them. "Who are you?" It can't be her.

Please don't let it be her. I haven't checked on y/n in the evening today so I have no idea if she is home or not.

"Please save me." That's minseok. I let out an exhale, feeling my heart hammer against its ribcage. There's someone standing behind the car. I can't see her face clearly. I keep walking towards the car in quiet steps. When I finally come out and meet with the person's eyes, my whole world comes apart. I can feel it.