09

—it takes a lot of courage to just give up

Y/N'S POV | Present ::

Some wounds aren't meant to be seen, they are meant to feel, to suffer and to be remembered.

I thought turning my emotions off and going numb to my pain would make me forget them but no, I was only ignoring their existence and it was about a moment I'll remember their existence. I'll feel them. "He was here.." I mumbled the same words for the umpteenth time. I could see Jimin through my teary orbs, I could feel his warm hands on my cold cheeks.

But I could also feel all the scars itching. I heard Jimin let out a sigh and saw how Jungkook was still standing on the threshold of my room. He was gripping the door frame, his eyes fixating on my figure. "No one's here, blossom.." Jimin's voice reached my ears as I finally moved my eyes from the floor to his face. "He was here." I mumbled, causing him to shake his head in denial. "Look at all the mess… he created.. me.." I mumbled. 

"Hyung.." Jungkook called out as Jimin gave him a nod and then the boy left. I didn't realize that I was clutching onto Jimin's shirt the whole time, staining his clothes with the paint. "No one's here.." Jimin let the words out as I shook my head in denial, the tears still streaming down my face. "You don't get it, he was here. I saw him. With my own eyes." I pressed my words, clutching his shirt in my fist tight. "You're safe.." He mumbled, cupping my face.

Am I? I kept it mum.

The silence looming over us as I sobbed in his hold. I shut my eyes so tight that it hurt my head. It's blood. It's all bloody red. My brain whispered. "Sweetheart, how about we get you cleaned?" I didn't respond to his question nor did I resist when he scooped me up in his arms and walked towards the bathroom. I was holding onto him tight, staring blankly in the air and didn't realize what was happening until I felt myself dipping under the warm water. 

Jimin so carefully placed me in a bathtub and then I loosened my grip on him. "It's just paint." He mumbled as he washed my face and arms. I could see the water turning red in the bathtub as a heavy breath escaped my lips. "It's just the paint and nothing." He added , making me look at him while holding my face. "Look at me, it's just paint. You happened to bump into the colors placed in your room for your painting and the color spilled.." He mumbled as I kept staring in his eyes.

They were brown.

So brown and so deep.

"You're safe with me, baby.. no one's going to hurt you.." I could hear his voice which unexpectedly helps me calm down a bit. "We are going to wash the paint off and then go to sleep." He added, still washing the paint off by body which is clothed. I let him do his work, simply looking at him do it all with so tenderness.

Is he really the one he claims to be? 

Once the paint was gone, Jimin pulled me out of the bathtub and placed me on the counter. I was once again numb to my feelings and so I sat there doing nothing while he wiped my arms and face. "I'll ask Maya to help you change clothes." He mumbled before leaving me, drowning in my thoughts. My eyes dropped to my wrists, the scars looking as ugly as they could do. Are all scars meant to make you feel pain? I let out a sigh, slowly bringing my right hand to my left wrist.