15

—How do I trust again?

Y/N'S POV | past ::

I was super late.

The thought occurred in my brain as I walked through the empty street, wet after the rain. It was late at night. I was late because there was a huge order for flowers at an inauguration ceremony. I didn't realize the time while working and when I did, it was already too late. A shiver ran down my spine in the cold air. Something feels so wrong and so off. I am not the kind of person who thinks negatively but today I have been off since this morning.

I was late at college, someone spilled a drink on my assignment because we collided, my favorite snack at the canteen was over, Hyein was sick so she missed today's class, Jimin hasn't called or texted after a one text in morning and he hasn't responded to mine as well, my mother's phone has been off since evening and now that I'm trying to call her, the battery of my phone has died. Something about Jimin not answering my calls or texts is weird. I haven't seen him since yesterday. 

I had no idea if I was being paranoid or not but something was definitely wrong. I hugged my body through my coat and let out a heavy sigh while opening the front gate of our house. My neighborhood isn't so good but it's not bad either and I didn't care because neither my mom nor I made any contacts with anyone here. I knocked on the door she called out for my mother but she didn't respond.

I looked around and noticed that the lights were still on so she couldn't be asleep. "She is going to be mad at me. You better tighten your ears, y/n!" I exclaimed to myself, attempting to knock again when the door pushed open and I realized that it wasn't locked at all. I knitted my brows and stepped inside. "Mom..?" I called out, staring at the slippers of my mother. She is home. But only silence replied to me. 

An awful smell of something rotten hit my nostrils as I took steps inside. "Mom? Where are you?" I asked, walking inside the kitchen. Placing my bag aside, I felt my heart beating crazily and that's because of rising anxiety. The rotten smell, a silent house, unfinished food on the kitchen counter and her slippers indicated one thing and that's she is here. I rushed towards the living room and the rotten smell was getting stronger by each second.

My blood ran cold as I saw the trail of blood near the couch. My legs started shaking as I followed the trail of my blood. "Y-y/n.." A weak voice called out from behind the couch. "Mom!" I gasped out a breath watching my mother laying in the pool of her blood. She was bleeding from everywhere or maybe I couldn't understand where she was bleeding. "M-mom… mom…" I called out, rushing towards her. 

Crouching down on my knees, I carefully placed her head in my lap, staining myself with her blood. There was not a hint of life in her eyes as she stared at me. "Mom.. who.. what happened here?" I asked once I noticed the broken coffee table, flower pots, shattered glass and a mess of furniture.