17

—Nightmares do come true.

Y/N'S POV | Present  ::

Sometimes the heart makes you do the things you don't wish to do.

I didn't want to stay here taking care of him but I also couldn't leave. The strings of my heart were still somewhere attached to him. It has been more than a week since Jimin's accident and I've been taking care of him.

He did take care of me so it shouldn't matter if I return the favor, right?

A sigh escaped my mouth as I placed stir the soup in a bowl. The staff gives me a look every now and then because they weren't used to seeing me out of my room a lot. "Good morning, Y/n." My ears perked up at the voice of Jungkook who rushed towards the breakfast table. "Morning, Kook. Aren't you getting late?" I asked the man who stuffed his mouth with bread before replying. "I have a holiday." Jungkook muttered, taking a sip of his milk. "Occasion?" I questioned. "My brother's sick." He mumbled as I shook my head before hitting the back of his head. "I'm here to take care of him." 

I realized a little too late about my words while Jungkook gave me a look. "I..mean you don't have to worry about him.. your college is important.." I stammered the words out. "Sure." Jungkook replied with a smile on his face. "I believe you made the soup for Hyung." It wasn't a question but a statement to which I nodded.

"Yeah.. I was just asking Maya to give this to.. Jimin.." I mumbled while placing the bowl of soup aside. "So you don't hate him after all." My movements halted at Jungkook's words. My eyes wandered near the scars around my wrist which were visible from the sleeves of my top. A shiver ran down my spine at the memory of them. "You once told me that you could not hate him." Jungkook added and this time I looked at him instead.

"And I hate that I can't hate him but.. that doesn't mean that I can love him." I muttered. "Good morning, Miss y/n." Maya walked in as I gave her a nod. "Can you bring this soup to Jimin?" I asked her. "Uh.. there's a problem.." She stammered out.

"Is he okay?!"

Jungkook and I let out in unison. Earning a side glance from Jungkook, I looked away and focused on Maya instead. "He wants to wash up but he is not letting anyone help him. Instead he is insisting on….calling you.." She looked down while I stared at nothing in particular. "What?" Jungkook asked, a chuckle following his words.

I passed him a glare and he shut down. "I'm not helping him. He can wash up by himself or stink for all I care!" I exclaimed before walking away towards the breakfast table. "He will do it by himself then.." Jungkook mumbled. 

"Which can result in him hurting himself.." The guy continued as I let out a sigh. "I mean it was only two days ago that they removed his cast." Jungkook shrugged. "Why don't you go and help him?" I asked. "You said you'll take care of my brother." He muttered.