Chapter 1

Jennie woke up feeling great. She sat up in bed and stretched as a small yawn left her mouth. She smiled then and ruffled her hair as a small blush stained her cheeks. The Browns are supposed to be coming today to have a talk with her family. She felt nervous and excited all at once. Getting off her bed, she let out a small sigh and stretched again.

Riley had kept contact with her. Although they hadn't seen each other since the day Jennie came up with a lie to leave her house, that being two weeks ago, they still had the occasional texts and phone calls. But the older woman seemed to be a bit skeptical about continuing with her union with Jennie, which often showed in the things she said. Jennie didn't want to start filling her head with negative thoughts of how the woman suddenly lost interest in her, or worse, the thought that she had only shown such care and interest because she was being forced by Peterson, her father.

Shaking her head with a small frown, she quickly fixed her bed and rushed to her closet to look for something presentable to wear. The time read "06:02" and the Browns were said to arrive at "08:00" which left two hours for her to get prepared. She looked through her clothes for a minute before her phone rang from somewhere in the room. Last night she waited for Riley's call but none came so she tossed her phone anywhere from her in annoyance.

She looked for it and upon finding it, saw that her friend Mia was the one calling her. Her lips spread into a smile as she accepted the call.

"Babe," she greeted as she turned and walked back into her closet to continue her search for something to wear.

"Babe are you okay? I sent you a text minutes ago but you didn't respond," Mia responded, worry and curiosity audible in her voice. Jennie let out a sigh.

"Yeah yeah I'm alright. Sorry about that, I kinda forgot where I left my phone. Why you texting and calling me so early though?" She asked, her eyes landing on a nice black and white dress. She grinned widely and picket it up with it's hanger.

"I wanted some gossip. What'u doing?"

Jennie walked to her bed and placed the dress on it then moved back and stood, watching it with a small sigh.

"I'm getting ready for the meeting," Jennie finally answers, pulling her friend out of her curious state by only but an inch.

"What you wearing? It has to be something eye-catching and sexy. Let it scream 'savage babe' so that Ms. Hottie won't be able to take her eyes off of you," Mia responds excitedly, her words making Jennie giggle.

She shook her head and smiled.

"I hope you remember that my parents will be there, along with Riley's dad," she said turning around to walk back into her closet to look for more outfits.

"Oh, I forgot that. Boriiiing!" Her friend whines loudly, which makes Jennie giggle. Talking to Mia helped calm her nerves a bit.  Jennie picked more clothes then walked out of her closet and placed them on her bed.

"I'm nervous," she adds with a sigh as she sits down on an empty spot on her bed.

"I know. It's so like you. You panic too often that it even suits you," Mia response, laughing heartily. Jennie frowned, clearly taking offense in the words.

"Be serious. I don't know how to act!" She whined, closing her eyes and digging her fingers into her hair to scratch at her sculp.

"Okay okay I'm serious now. Look, there's no cause for alarm. Just be you," Mia nonchalantly says.

Jennie rolls her eyes.

"Right, that just makes me feel ecstatic," Jennie response sarcastically, which made Mia laugh again.

"Hey, you know I'm not so good with all this relationship advice thing. Wait, is the thing between you and Hottie a relationship now that the deal is off?" Mia asked, the question making Jennie to panic the more.

"Well, I don't know." Her voice was barely audible, but Mia still heard her. She sighed.

"What do you want it to be?" She asked, hoping to get her friend to be prepared. Atleast if she knew what she wanted then she'll definitely know how to act when Riley arrives with her father.

The question didn't help Jennie though. If anything, it just made everything worse. She froze for a second. What did she want? And more importantly, did she want to be something permanent with Riley? Come to think about it, there was this huge age gap between them. They are also from two different worlds, literally, with Riley probably swimming deep in crime. Does she want someone like that. Or, if being more direct, does she want to be a part of all that.

"I don't know."