Chapter 15

Riley was being silly and giddy and Layla was the one to feel the consequences. Well, more like feel her face stuff itself in between her breasts while she sat on her laps, straddling her. At least she had a shirt on, Riley's shirt to be precise. Stealing the latter's clothes was one of the benefits of having her leave her clothes in her house. Also because she'd have something to change into whenever she slept over. That being something she has been doing a lot lately.

"Baby, you're gonna suffocate yourself to death," she giggled as she ran her fingers through Riley's hair on the back of her head. The latter moved back by only but an inch to look up at her lover who was now slightly towering her from her position on her laps. A wide grin was on her face and her eyes were shining with mischief.

"Sounds like a plan," she said, and Layla playfully rolled her eyes at her as she unsuccessfully tried to resist a smile.

"Too soon to die. I'm not becoming a single mom," the words were out before she could register what she had just said and her mouth remained opened, eyes widening in shock. Riley's body tensed and she loosened her hold on the latter's waist. Her smile dropped and the mischief in her eyes was gone. She blinked a few times but Layla looked down, not wanting to see her reaction. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Uh, I'm sorry. Wha- uh, what did you just say?" Riley managed to ask as she stared at her girlfriend in anticipation.

Layla's teeth pulled in her lower lip and she nibbled on it nervously, her heart beating so fast she could hear it drumming in her ears. She really didn't mean to let out her intrusive thoughts, but the issue of the baby is one that had been bothering her for days now and she couldn't stop thinking about it. They hadn't even talked about their future plans and that was bothering her. She needed to know that their relationship wasn't just a game, that it really was solid and had a great future to look forward to.

"Layla," Riley called her softly, prodding her to meet her gaze. The latter slowly looked up at her and blinked slowly. Riley's eyes involuntary went to her lips and she took in a breath through her teeth but said nothing about it, looking back up and into her eyes.

"You want to have a child with me?" The question was asked quietly and with a great sense of being unsure.

"Yes. I mean, I've thought about it and I-I think I'm ready to start a family, but only if I'm doing it with you." As soon as she let out the words, she looked down again.

Riley couldn't hide the smile that blessed her face but she still needed to make sure that the latter really meant what she said.

"Are you sure?" She asked, and Layla was quick to look up and into her eyes. Her eyes brightened at the sight of Riley's smile but she could still see the need for assurance in her eyes. She smiled then and moved closer to her, wrapping her arms around her neck to pull their faces closer. Riley let her, closing her eyes as their foreheads met and their breaths brushed against the other's face. She loved the feel of home that Layla always gave her.

"I've never been this sure about anything in my whole life. I want this with you. I want it for us." Riley let out a contented sigh and hummed before tightened her hold on the latter's waist.

"I want this for us too," she whispered softly before connecting their lips. The kiss was soft and short. When they pulled apart, their eyes met as their faces stayed close.

"But if we're gonna do this, then we're gonna do it our way," Layla said calmly. Riley just watched her, her eyes sparkling with love and admiration. She admired her girlfriend, adored her even. She was happy, happy with her.

"Firstly, I'm carrying our baby," Layla started, stating her terms. Riley hummed, half listening to her girlfriend and half admiring her beauty. Layla made it pretty easy for her to get distracted and she wasn't even aware of it at the current moment.

"We can use your eggs because I want my baby to look like her daddy."

"Mmh,"

"And we're definitely not getting your father involved in this. I'll just be super uncomfortable, honestly."

"Whatever you want baby,"

Layla let out a contented sigh and smiled, her eyes looking away from her lover as she drowned in her thoughts of having a family with the latter. She could really see them, Riley and herself, with a mini them running around their house. It was a beautiful dream for her, one she really wanted to come true.

"We need to start thinking about names. Especially ones that go along well with your surname, just like yours," she said, her head slightly tilting to the side as she seemed to really be thinking deeply about the issue.

Riley, after trying hard to not let her mind wonder to the wrong things, went straight for her girlfriend's neck and placed a kiss on it. Layla stopped talking, her mind returning to her reality. She looked down at Riley who was now looking at her.

"I'm guessing you didn't hear a word I said," she said, cocking an eyebrow at her lover. But she wasn't offended. If anything, she felt very much amused. The latter grinned widely.

"Once our baby's born, we won't be able to do certain things," she said, and Layla couldn't help but let out a soft laugh.

"Things like what?" She asked curiously though she knew exactly what her lover was referring to. Riley didn't respond, well, not with her words atleast. She smirked at her, her eyes shining with mischief once more.

She relaxed back on the couch and her eyes fell on Layla's torso. She moved one of her hands from her waist only to slip it under her shirt and slowly run it up the latter's stomach. A small gasp escaped from Layla's lips and her body leaned into Riley's touch, but the latter quickly removed her hand, a devilish smirk now on her face.

"I think you get the idea," she said. Her voice was low and extremely seductive. Layla's eyes darkened the slightest and she felt her body ache with need.

"Oh yeah? And Why's that?" She asked quietly as she searched Riley's eyes. The latter looked at her for a second before slowly moving to her neck. One of her hands was placed on Layla's thigh and was slowly sliding up while the other pulled her closer to her. As her hand reached the latter's core, she moved to her ear and let out a short breath, the act making Layla's body shiver.

"Because we both know, that mommy can't keep those naughty sounds of hers on low," she replied, rubbing her thumb over Layla's clothed clit. The latter let out a small moan, pushing herself even closer to her lover as her head dropped to her shoulder. She was oddly sensitive, too sensitive.

"Wait." The word was said with a breathy voice, the desperation audible. She hasn't been touched that way in months now so her body was quick to react to Riley's touch, especially since it is something she has yearned for, for a very long time now. She wanted it, needed it. But she wasn't sure if it is a good idea for them to do it now.

Riley stopped with her movements and pulled her hand away, her eyebrows with a small furrow. She was frustrated and maybe even desperate to have Layla's body in ways that no other woman can ever have it. But she wasn't about to push because she really didn't want to ruin their new relationship, it meant a lot to her.

Layla's face moved back and their eyes met, both filled with need and lust.

"Maybe we shouldn't..." Layla started but stopped as she tried to read her lover, searching her eyes for any hint of annoyance.

"Atleast not now," she continued, but Riley wasn't saying anything, nor was she making any movements other that the lost staring and occasional blinking.

"I just want us to be sure and... Ready."

This time Riley blinked thrice, seeming to be pulled out of her thoughts and back to her reality. Her eyes softened and she let out a breath.

"It's okay. I understand," she said before pulling Layla back into her, but this time only just to cuddle her.

The room was silent for a while, just the two enjoying the warmth and feel of their bodies pressed together. Layla had her head on the crook of Riley's neck while the latter gently wrapped her arms around her.

"I love you," Riley whispered, placing a lingering kiss on her lover's forehead. Layla smiled and closed her eyes, snuggling even closer to her.

"I love you too."