Chapter 7

Jennie walked up to the front door of Mia's home and placed a gentle knock on the door. It's been over a week since Riley and her father came over to talk to her and her family. The older woman had tried to call and text her but she had ignored all her efforts. Although she had tried to not care, a wave of sadness washed over her as soon as the calls and texts stopped coming in. That being like five days ago. She received a gift from the latter. Well, more like an envelope. One that she is yet to open because of fear and nervousness.

It didn't take long before the door opened to reveal her friend, who grinned widely upon seeing her.

"Jen!" Mia exclaimed in joy as she abandoned the open door to trap her friend in a tight hug. Jennie hugged her back with same energy while giggling at her friend's behaviour. They hadn't seen each other at all ever since school ended so they really missed each other. And they had so much to talk about.

After what felt like hours of hugging but was only a few minutes, Mia finally dragged her friend into the house. Her parents where not home but her brother was supposed to be back any minute now. She pulled Jennie into their huge kitchen and sat her down on the table while she got them some snacks and drinks before sitting down on a chair next to her. Soon, they were chatting away their meals in between laughter.

.......

Riley settled herself down on a very comfortable couch and smiled like a child when she saw what is playing on the screen in the living room. Soon, Layla walked in and placed three beers on the table already filled with food. Riley grinned at her.

"Horror?" She asked her in reference to the scary movie playing on the screen. Layla smiled at her as she settled herself next to her.

"I know how much you like watching it," she simply said as she reached to the table to take two of the cold beers and handed them to Riley before turning to face the door.

"Max! Get down here!" She called out to their other friend who was still upstairs probably taking a bath. They all slept in Layla's house after watching movies and just trying to catch up some more, even though no touchy subjects were touched.

After the day they all spent at Max's house, they all agreed to try and fix their friendship again. They had many memories together, good and bad. A lot of arguments and fights. But they all knew that it is at this time of their lives that they need each other the most.

Riley handed Layla one of the now open beers then drank down hers before putting it down. She also turned to face the door.

"Come down here, you bum! I'm hungry!" Riley yelled with a slight scold. They hadn't had breakfast yet because Layla didn't want them to go out or even order. She wanted to make them breakfast herself. "Just like the old days," she said.

"Okay okay I'm here. Geesh calm your horses cowboy," Max sniggered as he walked into the room, his words earning him angry glares. He sat down next to Layla who was now stuck in the middle of them. Again, just like the old days. Layla had always been their lady. The mommy of the trio while the two hooligans where her babies.

Max took his beer and opened it while the others took their plates.

"Okay, close your eyes." As soon as Layla said those words, they all closed their eyes and bowed their heads. She blessed the food then they started eating.

"Layla please-" Max tried to speak but was cut off but Layla.

"Not happening Max! I'm not feeding you," she said, which made Max pout.