Chapter 14

Layla's eyes fluttered open. Yesterday was beyond amazing. After the dinner she had at the restaurant with Riley, they came back to her house and watched a movie. Once it got late, they came up to her room and just cuddled in her bed. They talked about the smallest and most silliest of things. All in all, she enjoyed her day.

Being careful not to wake her lover up, she slowly wiggled herself out of Riley's hold. The latter let out a small groan in her sleep and Layla froze in her movements. After seeing that she wasn't waking up, she got off the bed and fixed the blanket on her then placed a light kiss on her cheek. She moved from the bed and tried to look for anything to wear using the rays of light coming in through a small opening in the curtains. She found Riley's clothes folded neatly on the couch in her bedroom and grinned mischievously. She grabbed the latter's black dress shirt and wore it. It only reached up to the middle of her butt. As she buttoned it up, she searched for her slippers. Once she found them, she quietly walked to the bathroom. There she washed her face and brushed her teeth before leaving the room entirely.

Getting downstairs she headed to the kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee. Just then, she heard the sound of her front door open, then close. Either that's Max or...

"Layla!"

Jude!

"Kitchen!" She shouted, putting down her cup and rubbing her temples with her thumbs. She turned around and walked to the fridge, looking for something to use in making breakfast.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jude asked as soon as she entered the room. She scanned the shirt worn by her sister but chose to hold her tongue.

"Preparing breakfast for my girlfriend," Layla said nonchalantly as if that is the most normal thing to do. Jude broke into fits of laughter as she pulled a chair and sat down. Layla turned to look at her, a bored expression on her face. Upon seeing the look her sister was giving her, Jude stopped laughing and her eyes widened.

"Oh, you're serious. Wait, who is she? Is she from around here?"

Layla took her time in answering. She turned back to the still open fridge and took out what she will need and placed it on the counter before closing it.

"You know her," she said calmly as she moved around the kitchen looking for more things to use. Her concentration was really failing her at the moment. But it felt nice to wake up and make breakfast for someone she could call hers.

"Who is it?"

"Riley," Layla responds confidently, turning to face her sister with a smirk on her face. Jude's mouth falls open, and so do her eyes. Slowly, her mouth closed and her eyes return to their normal size. Folding her hands on the table, she gives her sister a very concerned look.

"Layla McKenzie, fucking with her doesn't mean that y'all are in a relationship. I feel like we've been through this before. Again, you cannot keep going back and forth in this fuck game with your friend," she said slowly, like a teacher trying to make her student understand that although birds can fly, flies cannot bird. Of course that usually only works on kids not on the grown ass woman called Layla who, as hard as it is for her sister to believe, really is speaking the truth about being in a relationship. A real, committed relationship.

"We're in a relationship, Jude. A real one. And if you must know," Layla defended, turning around and deciding that she no longer has the energy to make breakfast herself. She took everything she took out and put them away.

"We haven't had sex in a very long time. Not even after we made it official," she said, her voice low like the words were hard to say. Honestly, sex hadn't even crossed her mind which is very different for her, even she is shocked at herself. But it's all different now. It's... New. And it felt incredibly good to be able to think about her lover without having erotic thoughts. To be in her presence, in her hold, and not want to get sexual. It was new, but she liked it. Loved it even.