Chapter 16

It's a few days before Christmas and Riley gets an urgent call from her father, asking to talk to her. So, after having to convince her girlfriend to go on and hang out with Max without her, she drove back home.

It was in the afternoon and she hadn't been to the office in weeks because Peterson thought it best to give her a break from it all, even the illegal dealings. The rumour of her killing a man vanished faster than Riley had expected and much to her shock and everyone else's, Bryan, being the same man to spread the rumour, released a statement. In it, he not only cancelled the claim, but he also apologised to Riley for "lying" against her and for any damages he might have caused with the rumour.

Jennie couldn't have been more relieved. She even had the courage to check out the poetry house. So, one morning she called her friend Mia who had gotten a car just the week before. The girl came to fetch her and they went to view the place, loving every part of it. The next step was to check out the lists of contacts, but everything was going well so far.

Riley parked her car at the front because she had no intention of staying the night. Her girlfriend was in her possessive era and she was loving every part of it. She also thought that this would be a great opportunity to speak to her father about having a child. She just wasn't sure if the man would be up to the idea of them having one out of wedlock, especially since both women were still unsure of how to go about it all.

Walking out of her car, she handed over her keys to one of the workers to have it washed. With a small sigh and a bit of nervousness bubbling in her chest, because she really was frightened by whatever her father wanted to talk about, she walked inside.

As she walked in, a text disrupted her from her thoughts. She fished out her phone while greeting a group of maids sitting outside by the entrance. A guard opened the door for her and she got in. Reading the text she smiled because it was her girlfriend texting her.

Layla<3
Baby, Max is making me eat pudding as a punishment for not telling him about our relationship. Help me by dealing with him for me🥺

The text made her laugh quietly, shaking her head in amusement because she knew how much her girlfriend hated pudding. A maid led her to the lounge where she sat down and waited for her father. A glass of an intoxicating substance was brought for her but she wasn't feeling in the mood to drink at the moment so she thanked the maid but didn't touch the drink.

Sitting back on the couch with a smile, she texted her girlfriend back.

Riley
Tell him that I'll slaughter him.

Layla<3
I don't wanna eat this😭😭

Riley
Then don't. I'll kill his gay ass😂

Layla<3
Baby, you just made things worse for me😭 Now he's adding a hot sauce to it. Think I'm gonna throw up.

Riley
If you throw up then I'm not kissing you😏

Layla<3
Not fair🥺 I miss you already.

Riley laughs to herself because she knew her girlfriend didn't just text to complain about Max, but because she has a problem with staying away from her lover for too long. She understood her, because she felt the same way.

Her father walked in the room and she looked up to meet his soft gaze, standing up to welcome him. As he walked closer, she quickly texted a response before putting her phone back in the pocket of her black dress pants. She wore a suit incase her father wanted her to meet a client. That wouldn't be shocking at all.