Chapter 11

Riley laid in bed lazily staring at the white ceiling. Saturday morning, yet it felt like the Sunday evening of a school week with tons of homework yet to be done. She sat up and rested her back on the bed rest when the door opened.

"Is it safe to come in?" Layla asked, peeking her head through the slightly open door. Last night, in one word, sucked. After Layla pulled Riley away from the nosy crowd, she led her into one of the bedrooms. They didn't talk. She just watched as Riley undressed until she was half naked, then got into bed and slept it all off. She went downstairs to help Max clean up and they both settled on just sleeping away the rest of the night. But Riley couldn't sleep for long. She spent a greater part of the night just thinking. Seeing Layla this morning made her heart melt. She smiled at her.

"I'm half dressed so, it's at your own risk," she joked, which made Layla let out a soft laugh. She got in and closed the door behind her then made her way to the bed. For some reason, she was wearing Riley's t-shirt.

"That looks like mine, where'd you get it?" She asked, smirking as her eyes moved down Layla's body before moving up again. She admitted it to herself that Layla always looked sexy in her clothes.

"Stole it from my daddy," the latter responded with a wide grin as she stood next to the bed on the other side of Riley. She held her hands on her back and rocked on her heels like a cute little girl. Riley gave her an amused look, their eyes filled with mischief.

"Your daddy's got taste."

"She does," Layla responded, adding a small nod to her grin. "Can I?" She asked, referring to the bed. Riley smiled and pulled away the blanket covering her lower body. Layla smiled and slowly got on the bed, moving herself closer to Riley. The latter opened her arms for her and allowed her to cuddle up into her.

Wrapping Layla in her arms and pulling her closer to her body, Riley inhaled, taking in the latter's sweet smell, before exhaling. Layla rested her head on Riley's chest and tangled their legs.

Riley moved the latter's hair back and away from her face before placing a chaste kiss on her head. Layla snuggled even closer to her and let out a contented smile, her eyes closing.

"Are you okay?" The question was asked softly and quietly. Layla furrowed her eyebrows and opened her eyes.

"I- why are you asking me that?" She asked back, confused and flustered. Riley was the one going through so much and carrying all this weight so she didn't understand why she was the one asking such a question. If anything, Layla wanted to be the one asking the latter this, and not the other way around. The question was asked out of the blue and totally unexpected. But she couldn't help but feel her heart squeeze.

"I see you Layla. I always see you. Always acting strong. Carefree. Unbothered. But I see you. And I know you. So I'm gonna ask you again," Riley continued, her voice assuring as she moved so that she could look at Layla. The latter looked up at her and their eyes locked in an emotional stare.

"Layla, are you okay?"

Layla let out a soft sigh, not intending to provoke the tears that soon flowed out of her eyes. She closed her eyes then felt Riley's hand slowly wipe away her tears, and she leaned into her touch.

"I'm okay now," she whispered. Her eyes opened to meet Riley's soft gaze as the latter looked at her with so much love and care.

"Whenever I am with you I always feel, okay. More than okay."

Riley slowly shook her head as she continued to gently stroke on Layla's cheek.

"Making me the main source of your happiness is not healthy," she scolded, but her voice was soft still and she was gentle with her.