Chapter 5

Riley tossed herself on her bed and rolled to her back, huffing loudly. Frustrated! That's what she is. She didn't get a chance to continue her interrogation of Jennie earlier on, which annoyed her. She wanted answers. She tried texting and calling the girl, but she didn't bother responding.

Just as she closed her eyes in an attempt to sleep the rest of her day, considering the fact that it's a Saturday, her phone rang in the pocket of her pants. Keeping her eyes closed, she groaned in annoyance, ignoring the phone until it stopping ringing. Unfortunately for her, it rang again. So, she slowly sat up, her eyes opening as she dug her hand into her pocket and fished out her phone. She glanced at the caller ID, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion as she tilted her head to the side, looking at the name. Still, she picked it up.

"Max, what is it? I was trying to sleep." Riley said in annoyance, a small frown on her face. She hadn't talked to her friend in a very long time. Infact, she thought the latter would cut her off, considering the fact that she and Layla cut ties, and he is more of a friend to the other woman now than he is to her.

"Come over," is all Max says, which confused Riley the more.

"What? Why?" She asked as she pulled herself to the edge of her bed, a small sigh leaving her lips.

"Just come over. Please?" Max begged as Riley closed her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair. She let out a defeated sigh, and dropped her head. Honestly, she felt tired and drained. But she does need the distraction. Just to be away from her unending problems.

"What time?" She asked as she stood up. She balanced her phone between her shoulder and ear, unbuttoning her shirt as she walked to her closet.

"Well it's 10 now so I'd say at 12," Max said, shuffling being heard on the background. Riley sighed again. She really didn't want to leave her room again.

"Ayt, I'll be there." She said before the call ended. She took her phone and tossed it on her bed before walking into her bathroom.

.......

Layla strolled into Max's apartment and pushed open the front door, walking in with nonchalant steps. She looked beautiful, hot even. She went with all black because she felt like a bad girl. Truthfully, it's been a while since she actually showed this side of herself.

Layla's outfit

Layla's outfit

Walking into the apartment, she pushed the door closed and walked further into the living room. No one was in sight, but she did hear movement coming from a different room.

"Max!" She called out as she followed to the direction of the sounds. She tossed her small chained black purse on one of the couches on her way out of the room.

"In the kitchen!" Came Max's voice with an excited shout. Layla walked to the room with confidence and pride. As soon as she walked into the kitchen, Max whistles at her, making her smirk.