8

"W-What?" I spat out as he rose up and stalked towards me.
"I said, WHO WAS THAT?!" His eyes were dark with anger and he was towering over me. I backed up against my door in fear.

"Do you like him?!" He asked, "is that your boyfriend?!" His hands were balled into fight fists.
"N-No! He's an old friend and he gave me a ride! I have work to do, Ray." I sat at my desk and logged into my computer. When I looked up, Ray was gone. 

I gasped and looked around. "Where the hell did he go?" I whispered.

I grunted and opened up my emails

Miss. Jackson,
There will be a conference call with you and Meka Lani, the Hawaiian painter, about your charity soon. So be expecting a call! Thank me later!
-Robin

Great. I could use another girl right now.

Robin,

Can you give me any info on Meka?
Thanks,
Miss. Jackson.

I wrote down Meka's name on a post it note to stick it on my computer.
I had never heard of her. Maybe she wanted to paint something for the children...or maybe hold an auction and all of the money would go to my charity.
How sweet of her.

He suddenly picked me up and put me on my desk.

"Stop!" I tried pushing him away from me.
"Do you honestly want me to?" I looked at him and he was staring at me with a poker face.
I couldn't reply.

"Yes?"

"Ummm..." I looked around the room, too shy to say anything.
"Umm?" He mocked me.
"Don't forget the cookout is tomorrow!" I spat out.

"Oh, How could I forget?" He grinned as he continued to walk out. I smiled as he opened the door.
"Oh, and Miss. Jackson?" He asked looking at me.
"Yes?"
"Six more days." He smirked and closed the door.

Ughhhh this man!

I hopped off of the desk and went to my computer. Another email popped on my screen.

Miss. Jackson,
Meka would like for you to call now. The number is attached to this email.
-Robin.

I sighed and clicked the link to call her. I started to hear the ring on the speaker from my office phone.

I just hope this goes smoothly. Sometimes Artists can be nut jobs.

"Hello?" I heard a mans smooth voice ask.
"Umm Hi this is Monroe Jackson!" I spoke professionally, "I have a call with Ms. Meka Lani." The man laughed.
"This is he."