42

"Monroe wake up!"

I cracked open my eyes to find myself in a bright, cold, jail-like cell. The floor were cement but the walls were clean and white.
"Monroe!"
I looked to my right and Denzel was relaxing on the floor next to me, laying on his back.

"Dude, what happened?" I asked.
"Basically, Diana's people just kidnapped us and now we're here. But your boyfriend should be on his way right?"
I felt around for my phone.
I didn't have it.
How's Ray gonna find me!?

"I-I hope!"
His jaw dropped, "oh well that's just great! I have a show tonight!"
"Oooo! Can I come?"

He gave me a straight face.

"Sorry."
He sighed, "I don't know why she even put us in here. It wasn't that big of a deal."
"I know right!"
"She trippin'."
"Really though."

I heard someone start to walk in the room. Diana came around a corner holding a bag.
"Heeeey," Denzel teased.
"Hi...YOU TRAITOR!"

What the fuck was that about?

Me and Denzel looked at each other and smirked. This girl's crazy, but that was hilarious.
"What's so funny?!"
We yelled in unison, "Nothing!"

She rolled her eyes and huffed at us.
"At-ti-tude," Denzel mumbled, causing me to laugh. But, a loud snort came out and we burst into laughter.

"STOP!" Diana yelled. We stopped laughing and looked at her. "Now, I've got news for you!" She pulled out a chair and sat in front of the bars of the cell. "Guess what?"

"You're crazy?" I guessed.
"No!"

I turned to Denzel, "you know, I'm probably just gonna have to get used to being kidnapped. This is the third time in a week!"
"Really?"
"Yeah!"
"I got kidnapped one time."
"Really?"
"Yup! This crazy fan locked me in her closet! But she made me pancakes so I didn't mind too much," He replied.
"But were the pancakes good?"
"They were alright. She said it was her secret recipe or something."
"Oh okay."
"Yeah but I just drowned them in syrup so they were pretty good after that. I'll say they needed more butter."
"Can't have pancakes without butter!"
"Exactly!"
"I made Ray some grits one time and he loved them. He had never even had them before!"
"What?! How did he survive so long?!"
"That's what I'm tryna figure out!"
"Poor guy!"

"SHUT UP!" We looked at Diana and she was pissed.
"Sorry."
"Like I was saying," she opened the bag and started to pull something out, "I've got something for you!"

"Hey Roe Roe?" Denzel said.
I faced him, "Yup?"
"I'm the best friend you could ever have. I got punched twice for you!"
"Oh my gosh you're right! Sorry!"
"Now I'm kidnapped for you."
"Sorry again!"
"It's cool!" We laughed.
"Wait I have a question," I said. This would probably be the best time to ask him...
"Yeah?"
"If you're gay, why did you wanna date me?"

"You're gay?" Diana asked.
He sighed, "Kinda."
She sat on the floor in front of the cell bars, "Wow! You don't look gay."
"How are gay people supposed to look?" He asked.
"I thought they're more feminine."
"Well those are just feminine gay men."
"Ohh," she said, "So then why did you want to date Monroe?"
He sighed, "well, I guess if I had to date any girl," he looked at me and smiled, "it'd be you."

"Aww," I hugged him. I kind of felt bad, but I couldn't date a guy who thinks he's gay. Plus I love Ray.
"Yeah," he said, "but it's okay. Our friendship is perfect."
"Exactly."

It was quiet for a moment. Diana was still sitting in front of the cell, and I was leaning on Denzel.
"So, You kidnap people often?" I asked Diana.
"Not really. This is my first time."
"Oh," Denzel said, "you're doing a good job."
"Really?"
"Yeah! Had me knocked out!"
"Sorry about that."
"It's cool!"
"You know," she said scooting closer, "I met this guy named Ruben Bach, and he's gay. You guys should meet."
"Is he cute?" He asked.
"Yes. I liked him but then I found out he was gay."

"Damn," I said.
"Yeah I know. But he's a hottie!"
"Well give him my number," Denzel said.
"Aww!" I yelled, "Blind date!" I smirked at Denzel.
"Stop!" We all laughed.

"Diana!" I said.
"Yeah."
"I know this guy named Meka Lani..you should call him."

"The artist?" She asked.
"Yup."
"I've heard of him."
"He's sooo smart," I toyed. Denzel smirked at me.
"Well," she smiled, "sounds good! You know what?" She stood up, "I'm gonna go get the keys to unlock you guys!" She ran out of the room and closed the door.

"You're evil!" Denzel yelled.
"She doesn't have to know!"
"Meka is insane!!"
"So is she!" I argued, "they're perfect for each other!"

I heard the door slam open.
"Monroe help!!" Diana yelled. She walked in with her hands raised , followed by Ray holding a gun to her head.
Denzel laughed, "Damn Ray, when did you turn full gangster?"

Ray rolled his eyes, "are you guys okay?" He kept the gun to Diana's head.
"Yeah we're fine baby, let Diana go."
"Why?!"
"I just told her I'd set her up on a date with Meka!"

Ray's eyebrows rose and he lowered the gun.
"Smart," he mouthed. I smiled.
"Let them go, now," he ordered.

She ran over to the cell and unlocked the door, sliding the bars open.

"Ray," I called as I walked out of the cell, "Denzel is having a show tonight, can we go?"

He paused, then shook his head.

"Why?" I asked.
"We have a flight to catch."