23

I dropped to the floor behind my door, feeling weak. I wanted to hide from the world.

"James I really trust you."
"I'm glad you trust me baby!"
"You promise you won't ever hurt me?"
"I swear!"

Tears started to roll down my eyes. I could feel a pool of tears forming on the floor next to my face.

I'm finally gonna tell him. It just...feels so right.
"James I...I think I love you."
"Really?"
"Yes!"
"You've gotta be kidding me!" He laughed and pulled into the driveway.
"What so funny?"
"All that love shit?! Wow!" He continued to laugh.
"Bye!" I opened the door and ran into my house. Crying.

I began to hyperventilate and cry louder, balling up on the floor.

"NO MAN WILL EVER LOVE YOU!" Will yelled.
"That's not true!"
"SHUT UP!" He slapped me again causing me to fall on to the ground.
"STOP HITTING ME!" I screamed from the top of my lungs.
"YOU DESERVE THIS!" He continued to kick me in my back while I was curled up on the ground.

I closed my eyes as the tears continued to pour.

"The last thing I want to see you do is cry," Ray whispered. I looked at him and he was kneeling in front of me. He wiped my tears with his thumb.
"Please don't cry." Suddenly a tear came from his face.

I sat up and wiped my eyes.
"What happened sis?" Tina asked. I noticed they were all kneeling around me.

"Ray left me."
"What?!"
"Why?!" Ash asked.
"I messed up," I mumbled, voice still shaky.
"How?" Tina asked as she rubbed my back.

"We're not serious!" James told his friends, "I don't even like her! Chill!"

"But you text her!" One of them said. I stayed back, listening and looking through the crack in the doorway.
"Yeah! Monroe is great at sucking dick!" He yelled happily. They all joined in laughing. "She does everything I say!"
"I never woulda thought she was a hoe!" A guy yelled.
"Man! She even tried to say she loves me!" They all died of laughter.

"I'm so STUPID!" I yelled.
"What happened!?"
"I've.. Been though so much!"
"I know sis!" Jess yelled as she wiped a tear from my face.
"Then I finally have the right man and I mess up!"

"MONROE!" Will yelled as I walked into my house from a long day of work.
"Yes sir?"
"Cook Dinner," he ordered, "NOW!"
"Honey I'm really tired," I whispered as I set my bag down and laid on the couch.

"Did I ask you that?" I opened my eyes and he was right in front of me.
"I said, DID I ASK YOU THAT!!"

"No sir!" He slapped me and pulled me off of the bed, dragging me by my feet to the kitchen. I screamed and tried to hold onto the floor.
"COOK!"

"I-I'm tired!!!" I yelled. He grunted and rose his fist at me.

I woke up in my bed. I looked around and Will was sitting next to me.
"I'm so sorry baby!" He yelled as he kissed my face. I was hypnotized, staring at the ceiling.
"I will never, ever hit you again."

Yeah...that's what you said last time.

"He said he was tired of chasing me," I confessed.
"Well what are you gonna do?" Tina asked.
"Well since Ray is gone...I guess I'll just go see what Denzel wants."
"Don't settle for him!" Jess yelled.
"I'm just giving up."

I stood up and walked to my room. I changed into a black crop top and a long black pencil skirt.
"I'm going out," I said plainly as I walked back down the stairs.
"Monroe..." Ash whispered.

I put on my red heels and grabbed a red bag then walked to the door, holding my head down. I haven't been this depressed in years. This is why I don't open up to guys. I end up getting hurt one way or another.

My driver took me to Denzel's party and I hopped out, slamming the door back.
"Monroe," I told the bouncer outside the door. He nodded then opened the door.
I walked in and saw hundreds of people dancing to Denzel's songs. I would usually join them, but not today. Nothing could fix the sadness deep inside of me.

"ROE!" I heard from upstairs. I looked up and saw Denzel smiling and waving it me over a balcony. I gave him a small smile then looked down. All of the women in the club began to scream.

"DENZEEELLLL!!!
OH MY GOOODDDD!!!!
I WANNA HAVE YO BABIEEES!!"

A man guided me to a staircase and we quickly walked up. Denzel suddenly grabbed my hands.
"I'll take it from here," he told the man. He nodded and Denzel walked me into a room.
The room was dark red and had black velvet couches inside. There were orange lights hanging from the top.

Denzel laid on the couch and looked at me. He was wearing a black leather varsity jacket and red jeans.
"Finally someone normal!" He yelled. I sat down on the couch next to him and sighed.

"So how's your day been?" He asked as he looked at me, still laying down.
"Not the best," I mumbled. The pain could easily be heard in my voice.
"Well what happened sugar bear?!" He asked causing me do giggle.

"Just thinking."
"Abouuut?" He toyed.
"I've just been through a lot."
"Talk to me!" He stood up and walked to the couch I was at, sitting next to me.

"You won't care."
"I will!" He put his arm around me.
"I've just been in a lot of bad relationships." I sighed and he rubbed my arm.

"I wanna tell you something," he whispered.
"Yes?"
"I want us to be like how we were."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Best Friends!" He hugged me and laughed.
"Really?"
"Yeah! I'm sorry for coming off on you like that before...but I really don't want you out of my life. You're an amazing woman Monroe!"
"Thanks!" I smiled and hugged him back.

"Well, you can stay if you want," Denzel announced as he stood up, "unfortunately I gotta go!"
"It's fine!" I said as I stood up. I wanted to go home and rest anyways.

We hugged and I began to walk out. Everyone was having so much fun around me but I need to go see Ray.

I hopped in my car and closed the door.
"Can you take me to Raheem's house?!" I asked the driver.

"I'm sorry we won't be doing that!" The driver replied. I looked at him confused. Then my driver turned around and looked at me...
That's not my driver...

"Miss me?" He asked.
"MEKA STOP!!" The car sped off into the dark.