27

RAY POV

"Cock blockin' ass," I grunted at my father as I walked out of my room.

"You need to be married to her before you do...'that' Raheem Abdul!" He demanded.
"Oh shut the fuck up." He followed behind me as I got closer to the end of the hall.

"Who is she anyways?" He asked.
"Monroe! I told you already!"
"What is her status?"
"She's a millionaire, she owns several businesses, father."
"Self-made?"
"Yes. She grew up in poverty." She didn't grow up in poverty, but anything below a millionaire, my family considers poor.

"That's impressive. She's got a nice body!" My dad chucked causing me to glare at him.
"Thanks, father."
"I trust that you both will easily be able to take over the company?"
"Yeah whatever."

"Raheem Abdul, she was very...loud." I laughed and my dad patted my shoulder. "Good Boy!"
"Thank you," I awkwardly replied.
"Who's Ray exactly? Is that what you go by in the states?" He chuckled.

"It's easier than Raheem Abdul-Muhammad Amini."
"And I see you like...Monroe's type!" I was just waiting for him to address that. I'm surprised he didn't say something earlier.

"Everything's not about race, father." I stated. Shit, I don't even know what I am.
"That may be true, but none the less Monroe is a beautiful girl!"

"Monroe?!" I heard a familiar voice say. I looked at the top of my staircase to notice Diana was here.

Shit.

Diana has had a crush on me for years. She is the daughter of my mom's friend, they expected me to marry her once I turned twenty seven. However, I had no intention to do so. But, that never stopped her from chasing me.

"What do you want Diana?" I asked as she walked closer to me.
"Treat her with respect," my father demanded under his breath.

"How have you been, Raheem Abdul?" She asked as she wrapped her arms around my waist.
"Fine." I quickly took her nasty arms off of mine causing her to smile at me nervously.
"When will you return home?" She asked.
"I am home."

"He goes by 'Ray' now," my dad interrupted.
She laughed, "ashamed of your heritage?"

I don't know my fucking heritage.

"No, Diana."
"So, who's this...Monroe I hear of?" She asked arrogantly.

"Well," my dad replied, "Monroe is Raheem's current girlfriend."
"Seriously?!" She yelled as she stomped her foot, "Raheem Abdul Muham-"

"Just say 'Ray'," I cut in.
"Ray," she mumbled, "we were arranged to be together."

"I don't care," I quietly muttered under my breath as I walked away from her, my father following.
-

"Son!" My mother yelled as I arrived down the stairs. He ran over to me wearing a long fur red coat.
"Mother!" I kissed her cheek then walked over to her friend, the closest woman to me as a child, besides my Nanny.

"Hello Zora!" I hugged her and she quickly hugged me back, making me feel warm.
"We need to have a talk, Raheem," she whispered into my ear. I nodded to her then kneeled down to Zora's youngest daughter. She's five years old, but she's very outspoken.

"Hey Sose!" I reached out and pinched her chubby cheeks.
"Hi!" She was holding a blue teddy bear close to her.
"Where'd you get this from?" I asked.
"My sister Diana got it for me!"
"Oh, that's very nice of her."
"Are you marrying her?" She asked.

The room grew silent, I looked back and noticed everyone was staring at me.
"No I will not be marrying her, but I will be marrying Miss. Monroe."

"Who's that?" She asked with a bright smile.
"You'll meet her soon." I stood up and faced my parents.

"Oh son," my mom grunted in disgust, "what on earth are you wearing?"
"Ummm, A hoodie?"
She snapped at me then flipped her hair, "change into a proper suit for supper."
"Yes mother."

"I wanna go swimming!" Sose yelled. I turned to her and smiled.

"Well it looks like we're going swimming then!" I announced. Sose dug into a suitcase and pulled out a tiny swimsuit then ran out of sight.

"Guess you won't be swimming." I heard my father whisper into my ear. I felt my body go stiff with fear.
"Don't bring that up." I stated. I heard my father's raspy laugh.

"Wouldn't want anyone to see how cursed you are!"
"Stop it, Father!" I ordered.

He's dying Ray. Let him say what he wants.

He laughed and walked off to my pool, my mother and Zora following.

"Raheem Abdul?" I heard Diana call from upstairs. She was standing at the end of my balcony.
"What?"
"If I was to jump right now, would you catch me?" Here we go again.

"Yes, Diana."
"Why, exactly?" She smiled arrogantly.
"Would you truly like to know the real reason why?"
"Indeed."

"Because if you landed on the ground, I'd have to scrape up your dead ass body." She gasped.
"Is that any way to talk to a woman?!"
"No but that's how I talk to bitches!" I yelled.

"SON!" I heard my father yell in anger from somewhere in my house. I sighed and put my hands in my pockets.

"I'm sorry," I said to Diana.
"I know you didn't mean that." She smiled and began to walk down the stairs. Then I saw my angel approach the end of the hallway.

"Kitten!" I yelled as she walked closer to to the stairway. She was wearing my clothes, and it turned me on.

Three more days, Ray. You can do it.

Diana walked next to me as Monroe ran into my arms.
"Cuddles!" She yelled causing me to laugh.
She looked back and glared at Diana.

"Raheem Abdul and I are arranged to be married," Diana stated arrogantly as she rubbed my back.
"My father has approved of Monroe," I said, shutting Diana down.

"Seriously?!" Diana stomped her foot and clenched her fists.
"Yup."
"Awww!" Monroe yelled as she squeezed me tighter. I laughed and kissed her forehead. I can really see myself spending my life with her.

"This will not go through!" Diana marched out out the room towards my pool.

-

I held Monroe's hand as we walked to my indoor courtyard pool. I smiled at the sight of Sose splashing around in the shallow area.
"Rah Rah!" She called as our eyes met. My heart softens every time she calls me that.

"Yes Sose?"
"Come play with me!" I froze. My whole family looked at me with wide eyes.
"I'm sorry but I can't Sose." She poked her lips out at me pouting.

"Why can't you swim?" Monroe asked.
"It's nothing." I walked her over to a poolside lounge chair, I sat in the one next to her.

"So that bitch Diana is the girl that's your mom's friend's daughter?" She asked, visibly holding back anger.

"Yes. My mom's friend's name is Zora." I pointed to Zora and she waved and Monroe and I.

"That's a pretty name!" She replied.
"Yeah it's unique." Monroe smirked for a second then looked down.

"What?" I asked chuckling.
"Nothing!" She spat out.
"Tell me!"
"Nothing!"
"Wha-" suddenly a flood of water dropped over me. I was totally drenched. I looked back and my father was holding a bucket with water dripping from it.

Oh no! Fuck this can't be happening!!! I gotta get out of here!

I ran of the courtyard as fast as I could, ignoring my fathers laughs. I could already feel it happening.

"Ray wait!" Monroe yelled.
"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I screamed as I ran upstairs.

I slammed the door of my bathroom and searched for a towel and a blow drier.
I don't want this to happen to me again.
Lord please don't let this happen to me.

--

What do you think Ray's so scared of?
COMMENT!!