Family Pasts

Hey, guys! So...I saw Trolls: Band Together, and it! Was! Freaking! Amazing! Everything from the laughs to the smiles and the sad parts and the heartwarming family reunions, oh! It truly was a masterpiece! In fact, this movie got me inspired to do a special AU spin on it because with the theme of family reunions, why, I figured it'd be the perfect way to do a "What If" spin on another Troll, a purple Techno antrollpologist, getting to reunite with a family member of her own. And for those of you who have been following my Trolls stories, I think you might already have a feeling of who it's going to be.

Now, I want to make this very clear from the get-go: this will be an AU spin on the movie; everything that happens in this story is NOT connected to the current canon events of the current franchise's films, my Trolls stories, or I.M. Rally's stories. I WILL be doing a "Canon take" on this movie in the future later on, properly bringing in Branch's brothers, Poppy's sister, and any other essential character that I feel is deemed worthy, but that isn't gonna be out for a long while.

Just repeating it for clarification: this is an AU take!

To help imagine the setting of when this AU is taking place: if you have already seen the movie, then you'll already know this, but if you haven't, then this might be a small spoiler ahead of time: Trolls: Band Together takes place one month after the events of Trolls World Tour. Also, taking into account the Trollstopia series, I imagine that Trollstopia occurred about 2 1/2 weeks after the events of Trolls World Tour, since according to the first episode, Poppy's idea for forming the city occurred "weeks after" everything that happened in the TWT movie.

So, with this in mind, I imagined that this AU take on Trolls: Band Together's timeline takes place two weeks after the formation of Trollstopia (during season 1 events of course), which falls hand-in-hand with the "one-month" timeline of the TBT movie. And in my AU, the Troll leaders and our favorite ambassadors will have a role in this movie, too; you'll see what they'll be doing! And, of course, my O.C.s, as well as my closest buddies, I.M. Rally and Cheah's O.C.s, will also be part of this AU too!

All right, I've wasted enough time talking' let's dive right into this story! I do not own Trolls or Trolls World Tour or Trolls Band Together or any of the characters in the franchise or the songs! And I especially don't own any of the songs I use from the movie or any other song I pick out in general! I also don't own the characters of Trollstopia! The only thing I do own are my O.C.s Melody Song, McJagger, Buckaroo, Stereo, and Twilight Tidepool; I.M. Rally owns her O.C. Aggie Galido, and Cheah owns his O.C. Finn Okazaki Tidepool. Now, strap in, ladies and gentlemen, and let's get on with the show!

A long time ago, about 16 years ago, at Techno Reef, the waters were calm, the sea was glowing brightly with bioluminescent fish and the shine of Techno Trolls that were swimming around happily.

Over by where the heart of the reef was, a massive crowd of Techno Trolls had gathered around where the DJ was playing music. His head bopped to the beat of the song that he was currently playing while Techno Trolls all danced and partied and were having so much fun!

Near where the DJ was playing music sat the king of the Techno Trolls: King Ocean. He had royal blue skin, various tones of purple in his optic fiber-like hair, purple eyes, light purple pixels on his cheeks, rainbow-colored striped armbands that covered his whole arms, light blue pixilated patterns on his fins, and a magenta heart on his chest, and he wore a gold crown with green and purple gemstone on it and a green cape. Sitting next to him was his wife, Queen Seastar, the queen of the Techno Trolls. She had magenta skin with green optic fiber-like hair and matching green eyes, green-and-pink patterned armbands that covered her whole arms, a matching green heart on her chest, and orange stripes and pixilated patterns on her tailfins, and she wore a silver crown with blue gemstones around it, a silver gemstone on top, and a light blue cape.