Emotional Fork in the Road

I do not own Trolls or Trolls World Tour or Trolls Band Together or any of the characters in the franchise or the songs! And I especially don't own any of the songs I use from the movie or any other song I pick out in general! I also don't own the characters of Trollstopia! The only thing I do own are my O.C.s Melody Song, McJagger, Buckaroo, Stereo, and Twilight Tidepool; I.M. Rally owns her O.C. Aggie Galido, and Cheah owns his O.C. Finn Okazaki Tidepool. Now, strap in, ladies and gentlemen, and let's get on with the show!

Deep within the dark forest under the head of night, Rhonda ran by the bushes and through log tunnels before coming up on the entrance of what appeared to be an old,rickety, abandoned...whatever it was behind those rotten metallic doors.

Poppy, Branch, John Dory, and Bruce looked at the place with uncertainty; this certainly couldn't be where Clay was living now...was it?

"Uh, are we sure this is where Clay lives," Branch asked as Rhonda parked right in front of the rusted metal sliding door.

"Are we sure," tiny Diamond replied as Rhonda opened her doors, which allowed the Trolls to exit the armadillo vehicle, while the Glitter Troll continued as Bruce placed him in a small baby harness so that he could travel with them safely, "Our GPS is an armadillo bus sniffing used undies. So, no, we're not sure."

As the Trolls cautiously approached the opening under the door, Bruce commented in a creeped-out whisper. "I think this is the place from every true crime podcast I've ever listened to."

"What's a podcast," Poppy asked in response in a low whisper.

Bruce started to answer as they entered the place, "Oh, it's this really neat thing where two people do a radio show in a booth and..."

Inside, the "old rickety abandoned" place was shown actually to be an old, rickety, abandoned golf course; holes untouched for years with grass now flourishing around it, little wooden bridges still standing over the now small patches of moldy water that resided underneath them, windmills and ferris wheels firmly in place, no longer spinning, and all the tall structures, statues, and buildings that connected with each hole had an eerie presence under the cloak of darkness.

On strings of lights that hung from above, and across the bridges on the ground, little colorful golf balls that seemed to be alive all rolled around, without any of the Trolls noticing them. What, or who, was making them move like this, the mystery unknown and deepened with each passing stride they made.

One could only wonder what, or who, could possibly live in a place like this.

"Oh man, I'm gonna have night terrors after this; this place is giving me some bad creeps," Tiny Diamond commented, shrinking into the baby harness.

"It'll be ok, Tiny; we just have to see if Clay is here, and then we can go," Bruce commented reassuringly to the little Glitter Troll.

Everyone as looking around, trying to see if there was any clue to pointing out where Clay could possibly be in a place like this, and at the same time, they were all trying to stay aware of their surroundings, in case anything jumped out at them.

Suddenly, a loud booming voice could be heard shouting, "Halt"!

The lights surrounding a giant, creepy, mechanical clown head turned on, activating the mechanism of the machine, with its beady glowing eyes staring right at the Trolls, smoke surrounding it, its big red metal tongue stuck out and twisted like a slide, and its big mouth full of round, hard, moving teeth, moving as the voice inside it proclaimed, "Who goes there"!?

Poppy, Branch, John Dory, Bruce, and Tiny Diamond all screamed in fright, huddled together in fear, with Tiny climbing up out of the baby harness and hiding in Bruce's thick purple hair.