23

"J-Jason." I whimpered .

In a twisted way I was glad that he was here. In my twisted mind I felt safer with him than with anyone else.

He made his way to me standing right in front of me as I was sitting on the edge of the bed while Zayn leaned on the door arms crossed.

"I'm here." He said before taking my face in his hands and forcing me to look in his eyes.

"Breathe."

"I-I can't-I-

"Stop talking." He demanded and I shut my mouth.

"Breathe with me. Slowly."

I tried to focus my breaths but I was all over the place.

"Look at me." He demanded and my body naturally obeyed him.

"Focus on me." He instructed and I focused my eyes on his.

I noticed his eyes where their hazel color, not dark nor angry. That automatically made me feel safer and my breaths began to synchronised with his.

"Keep going.." he instructed and I obeyed looking up at him through my lashes.

I could feel my breaths calming down. Once my mind was unclouded I begun realising what just happened.

"Take a deep breath." He instructed noticing and I obeyed .

I took a deep shaky breath and I finally felt the air satisfyingly feeling my lungs. Relief oozed through me.

"Good girl." He whispered and I blinked some of my tears away,realising that my heart began to slow down.

I released his shirt realising that I held it tightly in my fist.

He released a breath and pulled me harshly to his embrace hugging me tightly. I finally breathed calmer than before, his scent feeling my lungs. He pressed his lips on my forehead and I closed my eyes.

I could hear his heart beating fast..realising that he was truly worried.

"I'm sorry." I apologised immediately as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Ariana ,shut the fuck up." He answered tightening his hug even more and I zipped it.

I couldn't deny that his hug felt good right now.

Once we were both back to reality he pulled back and looked at the nurse.

"What happened?" He asked with authority in his voice and I almost kneeled to the floor.

"I don't know Jason." She answered but I was shocked at how she knew his name.

What?

Jason turned to me and I shivered under his gaze. He raised an eyebrow and I knew he was expecting an answer from me. I sheepishly looked at the floor. How do I explain what happened.

He was about to say something but a knock on the door cut him off.

He turned his head towards the door motioning for Zayn to open it giving me a great view of his sharp jawline.
Zayn moved from the door and opened it.

"Hey..umm I'm sorry for b-bothering. Is um..is Ariana here?" Victorias quiet voice was heard probably intimidated by Zayn.

Can't blame her.

Zayn looked back at us and Jason looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Hold on." Zayn said shutting the door and turning to us.

They were both staring down at me intensely.

"It's V-Victoria from my class." I informed them stuttering .

"There's a whole class outside." Zayn said and Jason furrowed his brows annoyed.

"What?" He spat before going to the door.

He opened it slightly and I could hear chattering. Did my whole class come to see if I was alright? I felt my heart warming at the thought. At my previous school everyone knew I was Jasons and no one ever dared to approach me.

Jason shut the door and came to me.

I guilty looked up at him through my big brown eyes.

He was about to say something when the door once again opened.

"I'm sorry. Excuse me." Carolines voice was heard and she stepped in dragging Victoria with her as well before closing the door behind them.

They both turned to find me but froze once the noticed Zayn and Jason.

They are scary that's for sure.

"I told you." Victoria whispered to Caroline.

They walked warily towards me like they were passing through lions while holding their bags and the newspapers.

Once they reached me they begun the questions.

"How are you? Are you better?"
"What happened?"
"Where are your guardians they said they were here."

I looked up to Jason completely shocked. He crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned on the counter right behind the girls. His eyes bore into mine a playful smirk tagging at his lips.

"Umm.." I started my voice soft.

"They..they are my guardians." I said my voice barely above a whisper and they both widened their eyes.

They looked at them and back to me.

"Oh.." Caroline said before turning to them.

"Hello. I'm Caroline." She said trying to sound chill.

"And this is Victoria." She said showing intimidated Victoria next to her.

"We are Ariana's friends-new friends. We were just worried for her. We wanted to check if she's alright." Caroline informed them and I swear she just talked more to them than I ever did.

Victoria on the other hand looked just like me.

Like a scared cat.

"Miss nurse,is everything okay?" She continued and my palms were getting cold .

"Yes dear. It was just a panic attack." She answered and Caroline phewd in relief.

"The way you run out the class got us all worried. They're all outside wanting to know if you're okay." She said and Jasons eyes shot up to mine.

I couldn't take it so I turned my eyes down to the floor.

"What happened in there that got her so worked up?" Jasons voice caused me to look alert at Caroline.

Please don't please don-

"I don't know really. We where reading some articles about Jason McCann and she suddenly couldn't breath." Caroline informed completely unaware of the situation.

My blood run cold.

"Oh.."Jasons lips tagged at a smirk while his eyes looked at Zayn who was looking back at him. It's like they were talking through their heads.

"So that's what got my kitten all scared." Jason said as he got of the counter and made his way to me.

"Oh you're her boyfriend?" Caroline misunderstood.

Jasons arms trapped me as he placed them on the bed I was sitting each on one side, caging me.

I felt my breaths quicken once again.

"Sylvia." Jason spoke and the nurse exhaled a breath.

"Girls. Go tell your class that everything's fine. Ariana will go home now." She spoke ushering them to the door.

Caroline was still talking but I noticed that Victoria was more focused on Jason than in her own footsteps where Caroline was dragging her.

She was looking at Jasons arms that were caging me and back at the newspaper in her hands . Her eyes widened as she probably connected the dots but that was all I saw before the door closed leaving me alone with Zayn and Jason.

"Well well well..you were reading articles about me kitten?"