CHAPTER 11 - GAZE OF GUILT

CHAPTER 11 – GAZE OF GUILT

HIRAYA MISTELTEIN

The bell resonated from the topmost floor of the campus, its chime marking the conclusion of another day's classes. The clock on the wall had already struck four, casting a warm, golden hue across the classroom. I stood just outside the door of class 4-B, Lysander's homeroom, anticipation coursing through me.

Lysander engaged in an animated conversation with his close friend, Arthur, as they tidied up their belongings. My keen elven ears caught every word they exchanged.

"Hey, what's your grand plan with our Vice Prez?" Arthur inquired, a mischievous grin tugging at his lips. "Are you plotting to seek the student council's blessing to court our beloved goddess?"

Lysander maintained a composed demeanor, his response filled with understated confidence. "Dude, you're completely off-base," he replied.

Arthur persisted, his tone lighthearted, "Oh, so the goddess has turned you down, and now you're waging war against the student council?"

Lysander's patience waned as he facepalmed, clearly exasperated by his friend's antics. "Haaah," he sighed, his frustration evident. "Look, whatever bizarre scenario you've concocted in your mind, it's not like that. If you're interested, you can join me."

Arthur's enthusiasm was palpable. "Oooh, this is so exciting!" he exclaimed with a gleeful giggle.

Lysander's azure eyes finally locked onto me, and I responded with a warm smile and a friendly wave. In acknowledgment, he offered a subtle nod before making his way over.

"Shall we head out?" I asked.

"Yeah," Lysander replied. "After you, Vice Prez."

The three of us, Lysander, Arthur, and I, commenced our journey through the echoing corridors. Arthur, a high-spirited human, had a natural aversion to silence and promptly initiated a conversation.

"Hey, Vice Prez," Arthur inquired, his curiosity bubbling over. "What's the deal with this emergency meeting?"

"I don't have the details," I responded with a nonchalant shrug.

Aware of the upcoming emergency meeting, as I had been the one to schedule it, I kept the details shrouded in secrecy. With potential eavesdroppers nearby, it was imperative to maintain discretion. However, I thought it might be a good idea to inject a bit of levity into our conversation before reaching the student council room.

"Perhaps Lysander will confess his feelings to Greg?" I suggested, a mischievous smirk playing on my lips.

"W-What!? So you swing that way, Lysander!" Arthur exclaimed, turning to the silver-haired young man with a sly grin.

Lysander, flustered, protested, "No! What the hell, Vice Prez! Stop clowning around!"

I continued with a playful tone, a mischievous smirk still on my face. "Or maybe... he'll confess his feelings to me." I held a coy expression.

"That's more likely!" Arthur chimed in. Then, leaning in to whisper to me, he added, "You know, Vice Prez, he's been asking about you quite a bit in the past few days."

My cheeks tinged with a brief blush. Lysander, the seemingly aloof student, was not the type one would expect to express interest in anyone, and his subtle inquiries had taken me by surprise. It was undeniably flattering.

I cast a playful glance in Lysander's direction and teased him, unable to resist the opportunity. "You can ask me out anytime, Lysander!" I quipped, my tone light and flirtatious.