Chapter 8 Strip

JEON

"Let's see who loves us so," I exclaimed as I opened the mailbox. "Bills, ads, ads, ads, bills, ads, bills, ads- hey, what's this?" A single white envelope actually addressed to the five of them. "We got mail! I didn't know this still happens even if we had emails now!"

Iko responded by slapping me a high-five.

"Hold on now. What's the story?" I asked, tearing open the envelope, and paying no attention to the return address. I wrestled the single piece of paper free and began to read, my eyes going wide as I choked out portions of the letter aloud to the five of us, who were already reading over my shoulder.

"Dear Students of the International Photography Club..." I read, skimming over the other parts. "We would like to formally invite you to participate in our contest, sponsored by the Huron Technologies International incorporation. By submitting in the International Photography Organization Works, winners will get to receive $50,000-$200,000 and their works will be exhibited. Participants who didn't cut in the top five can be used to advertise the type of cameras..."

I haven't read the whole thing but I was jumping for joy. "There you go now." Iko took the papers in my hand while he and the girls continued to read them.

It was April 21, when Mr. Ainsley came back while we were eating breakfast. It was a quiet breakfast before he arrived. Mostly it was because all of us were tired or still coping with the fact that we nearly got mugged.

"How have you been?" Mr. Ainsley asked as he motioned for Rosa to serve him a plate of eggs and Pandesals with brown coffee. "I trust that Ms. Claridad had taken care of you, while I'm gone?"

"Yes," we simultaneously agreed.

"Sorry about this, ladies and gentlemen, our activities got delayed. While I was away, I rented a small island and a cruise for our activity on the 24th in timing for the Seafood Festival!" He took the bread and dipped it in his coffee.

"That's fine so. And that's?" I asked.

"You can take pictures on the way, leaving and in the Island that features the celebration of the bounties of the seas. This festival offers a taste of seafood specialties Palawan is known for. Restaurants prepare a mixture of authentic Palawan seafood cuisine and delicacies, as well as other contemporary seafood-filled culinary delights in the region. The food fest is enjoyed with cultural shows and bundles of giveaways."

"You'll use up a serious amount of gas to drive there!" I yelled vigorously.

"Does that still come in partners?" Iko asked, raising his hand.

"We should vote on that," Mr. Ainsley said, stirring his coffee. "Those who prefer to have no partners, raise your hand."

Then Iko, Kaylor, and Empress raised their hand. Morgana and I were the ones who didn't. I think we were equally trying to hide our embarrassment because we wanted to stick with our partners. But why would she want to stick in being partners with Kaylor?