Chapter 11 Emergency

EMPRESS

"Kaylor?" I was awake around 10 and noticed that Kaylor wasn't sleeping beside me.

She even brought her camera with her. She's probably at the restroom, but there's this nagging feeling around me like I'm uncomfortable. It's driving me nuts, I have to find her.

I was searching for any sign of her in the whole ship. I climb to the deck to see if she was watching the stars, then maybe I could join her but she wasn't there.

I saw Morgana. She was also looking for someone.

"Why are you here?" She asked indignantly. "Don't I suppose you came here to look at the stars? Well, too bad." She stared upwards, I did too. "It's a cloudy night."

"No," I said, the night breeze was gentle on my skin. "I'm looking for Kaylor."

She looked sideways to the sea. "I am too."

Is she looking for her as well?

"She's not anywhere." She met my eyes. "Kovall, I have a bad feeling about this."

"You too?" I asked.

"This can't be good. Two women with the same intuition... that's quite alarming. Come on, let's talk to the Captain."

We headed towards the superstructure and we were welcomed by Mr. Ainsley and the captain of the ship.

"Hello girls," Mr. Ainsley said, wide awake. "We'll arrive by the shore shortly."

"Kaylor's missing." Morgana and I said in unison. We looked at each other in surprise.

"What do you mean, she's missing?" The club's founder and the captain stared at us with worries.

"She's nowhere the boat at all," Morgana said. "We've searched everywhere."

Wow, she searched everywhere for her.

On cue, the captain turned his intercom on and said to the microphone, "Kaylor Castillo, I repeat, Kaylor Castillo. Sorry for the inconvenience but if you're asleep can someone wake her up? Tell her; please proceed to the deck and inside the superstructure immediately."

After the captain's little alarming speech, Mr. Ainsley said. "There, no worries. She'll be here."

Minutes hadn't even passed. "I think she fell off the boat," Morgana said gravely.

"What?" I asked, twisting the ends of my hair to stop the arising of disturbing thoughts in my head.

"Now, now, Ms. Cross." Mr. Ainsley said. "Don't get too paranoid. She'll be here."

So we waited. Every passing minute planted a needle in my heart. It has been 20 minutes and there were no signs of Kaylor. I was also a bit uncomfortable waiting in the room with the men and Morgana who usually don't hang out or talk to me when necessary.