Chapter 24 Love

MORGANA

"What's with you?" Rosa was concerned about me. This morning, I was in an unusually high spirit. But this afternoon, I was sulking and moping around.

"Nothing, I'm fine..." I replied. I was half-buried under the cover. I had done nothing but hide under my bed.

"Uh... are you sure you are going to be alright?"

"Yes, I'm really fine. Thank you for the concern."

"So... call me when you need anything, alright? Cheer up!" Rosa patted me on my shoulder and left me for the day.

I nodded, when Rosa left, I frowned at this. Last time, I used to go out with different guys every week. Nothing serious, mostly we went for dinner dates. That time, I was very determined to find the right someone. But now, I couldn't care less about that right person anymore. I wanted Kaylor.

I heard a knock on the door. My heart almost leaped out of my chest. Who could that be? I was debating whether or not to open it. But curiosity got the best of me.

"Rosa, did you forget something?" I shouted.

The knocking continues much to my irritation.

"Okay okay! I'm coming." I got up from my bed sluggishly.

If it turned out to be boys who visit now and then again trying to ask me out, I will chase him with my tripod. I yanked the door open and growled to the person standing in front of me.

"What do you want?"

"Uh..." Instead of some random hormonal boy, I was faced with my object of affection. Kaylor looked at me, surprised and scared.

I closed the door so fast Kaylor didn't have time to react, the sound echoed through the hallway. Within a few seconds, I straightened my hair, changed my clothes, and applied some makeup. What did Kaylor want? The girl seldom dropped by my room except to return my reports.

I quickly opened the door again before Kaylor decided to leave. This time I greeted my guest with a more cheerful expression, "Hi Kaylor."

"Hi... What was that just now?"

"Oh," I giggled. "Nothing, it's just that I wasn't expecting you."

"You acted all weird. What were you doing?" Kaylor smiled.

"I was busy doing my work." My brain immediately lied. "So... how was meeting the Kovalls today?" I wanted to invite Kaylor in, but my room was really a disaster.

"Oh, it was great!"

"I see."

"Anyway, here," Kaylor offered a square box at my hands.