Chapter 29 Heartbreak

KAYLOR

This was it. This was the day. 

The International Photography Club founded by Mr. Mavio Ainsley will be closing and resumed next year. Everyone's leaving and their flights are scheduled at the same time this 6 pm. Except for Morgana who will leave tonight and me who will leave the next day.

As usual, everyone was packing. I was with Empress and she was with me, stuck like glue. She slept in my room. After all, she's going to miss me the most. She might have grown feelings, but still, she's a close friend. When everyone awoke, for the final day, Jeon and I were playing our last game; Iko and Rosa were now dating for the past few days and were hanging out with the others. We were inseparable.

The murmurings buzzed around the living room. Iko's face flushed in embarrassment. Rosa gave a sharp glance at the Indonesian. It didn't take long to understand the story behind their soon distant relationship because Iko's leaving and going home.

Empress's elegant brows knitted together once she heard what Rosa has said about being faithful even their significant other is away. I sent an approval message through my eyes to relax Rosa's worries. Then I noticed Morgana wasn't in the hall. Morgana was distant ever since I turned her down from her confession.

What I didn't anticipate last night that Empress too would confess. I tried my best to not do to Empress what I had done to Morgana. I'd bet to anyone that Morgana stayed all night drinking and crying. I don't know how she got home because we left before her. I glanced in her direction. My heart ached in my chest, I promised must not to make her cry again.

I'm glad, Morgana was present when we had lunch. But she's moody. She wouldn't even talk much less glance at anyone. Even Rosa joined us at the table.

The delicious smell of barbecue Bangus (milkfish) and steaming white rice made my stomach growl, which caused Empress to giggle amusingly. We all decided to eat like traditional Filipino's. To eat with hands, bagoong, agar-agar salad or sauce which is either soy sauce mixed with vinegar, kalamansi (green lemon) and to top it off, Barkada sized Coca-cola.

It wasn't my intention, but the moment I stared at them, that reminded me of Calliana. The three girls loved and took great care of me, yet I was inhumanly unfair to one in particular.

With Calliana, there was always this sweet burning passion I could barely stand, but also a strong hint of lust. When it came to Empress, love was present, but I guess it was friendly love, I care a lot about her, while to Morgana, it was always disliked. I get to like her few times, but there was always and pity mixed with something like poison, and how that could be possible I would never understand.

I mentally shoved the thought away to the back of my mind and opened my mouth to welcome the food with a smile plastered on my face. We ate together in relative joy.

EMPRESS

I didn't want to leave her, but I didn't want to be so hard on her either.

Even I wanted so badly to just leave the place, I couldn't make myself move. Even though I stayed the last 24 hours with Kaylor, I took one last look at her. Those thick lashes damped with crystal tears just broke my heart. I stared at her face, tracing my eyes to her soft inviting moist lips. How I badly wanted to kiss it, but I can't. I might destroy my chances. I resisted kissing her so suddenly for I knew that consent is an important thing between people with attraction.