Chapter 18 Caught

KAYLOR

"What is she doing here?" I hissed. By the look I get from the American's face, I knew I was in trouble, although I didn't know why.

"You know her?" Calliana asked.

"That's Morgana Cross," I replied hastily. "We need to get out of here, now."

"She looks foreign."

"Yes, now come on, let's go." I didn't want to ruin my beautiful night with my siren. I still had other plans for us tonight. I quickly flagged down the waiter over. Threw my money and dragged Calliana while she was confused.

I had a bad feeling about meeting Morgana. I always get into trouble whenever the American is around. First, we almost got mugged and then nearly getting lost in a forest. I didn't want to know what fate has in store next time.

We were exiting the place when a voice floated from behind us.

"Kayloorrrr..." the unmistakable voice of Morgana made me cringe. Defeated, I turned and faced the blonde.

I saw a man and a woman in their mid-fifties standing beside the drunken girl. Morgana had this gleeful expression on her face while the man just looked slightly embarrassed.

"You must be Kaylor. I'm Murray, Morgana's father." He reached out to shake my hand. He looks like a jovial person who seemed really glad to meet me.

"Uh... nice to meet you too Mr. and Mrs. Cross," I greeted.

Morgana wobbled over to me and glared at Calliana. Her parents looked semi-horrified at their daughter's behavior.

"Are you going to take her out or to the loft?" Morgana asked bluntly.

Calliana was caught off guard with the question. Mr. and Mrs. Cross looked at their daughter and didn't know what to do maybe perhaps they were sure that Morgana isn't normally this rude to people.

I, on the other hand, wanted the earth to open up and swallow me.

"Yes, I'm going to take her back to the loft." Calliana put her arm on my shoulder.

"Sweeeeet! You won't mind if I tagged along right? I want to go back too." Morgana replied in delight.

"But dear, you promised to spend your weekend with us." Mrs. Cross reminded her daughter.

"Next time Mommy, next time, I'm so tired right now. I just want to sleep...." Morgana drawled out, moving closer to me.

"Oh... okay then. You don't mind right?" Mrs. Cross looked at me. Surely Morgana's parents didn't want to ruin my evening.

Of course, I mind, I wanted to shout. But before I could reply, Calliana cut in.

"Of course we don't mind." Calliana smiled at the couple reassuringly. I looked aghast at the scene unfolding in front of me.