Chapter 23 Lunch

EMPRESS

"Do I look okay?" Kaylor asked.

"Kaylor, for the last time, you look just fine. Now stop fidgeting and just relax." I tried to calm her. Maybe bringing Kaylor to meet my family was a bad idea. When I asked Kaylor to come along, I didn't expect Kaylor to willingly agree. It was a little too good to be true.

My family knew about my sexual preference and they were supportive of it. I also had invited Iko along too but he declined the offer. According to Iko, this is the perfect time for Kaylor to meet the in-laws. I blushed at the thought. I really wanted my parents to like Kaylor and the other way round. The last time I brought my ex over the meeting didn't go quite well.

That's was how we ended up having lunch with my family. I brought Kaylor and arrived at a hotel where my parents were staying and we were escorted to the restaurant where my family was already waiting. Kaylor was feeling a little apprehensive at the thought of meeting my family.

Then Kaylor suddenly remembered something. She quickly turned around and scanned the area.

"Kaylor, what are you doing?" I queried.

"Nothing, I just wanted to make sure Morgana wasn't here."

"Huh? Why would she be here, eh?" I could see that Kaylor was making sure there wasn't any other blonde with blue eyes on sight.

"Nothing... it's just the last time we bumped into each other. The last time I went to a place like this, a certain person had turned up and ruined my evening. I was just making sure..." Kaylor replied cautiously. "She had a penchant for getting me into trouble and always caught me off-guard on several occasions already."

I pouted when Kaylor mentioned her. Today had been a great day... it was almost like a date. Speaking about Morgana, she proved to be dead serious about pursuing Kaylor. I must keep a constant eye on the American from now on. Morgana had been using their group work as an excuse to kidnap Kaylor. I knew for someone like Morgana, that assignment was a piece of cake while I myself also finish the work with Jeon in just five hours.

I always thought Morgana Cross was boy crazy and straight. But who knew the both of us were eyeing the same person? Thankfully, Kaylor seemed to be oblivious to the subtle ways the American used to reach out to her. Lately, Morgana will drop by Kaylor's room unexpectedly bringing random gifts like the latest video game magazine, box of pizza, DVDs, or novels. Morgana must have done some research because all the stuff she brought just happened to be Kaylor's favorite.

Presented with such generous gifts, Kaylor felt obligated to invite Morgana into her room and enjoy it together, much to my dismay. I knew this was just the American's plot to get back at me. Since the sprained ankle accident, Morgana had been a constant fixture in my life.

It was like my blissful domestic life with Kaylor was being disrupted by a third party. I was the only one before who's invited to her room, now I have a competition. Morgana was like those characters from soap operas, the home-wrecking ones. Take last week, for example, Morgana had brought a zombie movie to watch together with Kaylor. I hate horror-themed movies, especially zombies. Not because it was scary but because it was stupid. Kaylor, on the other hand, was very eager to watch it.