Chapter 16 Human

KAYLOR

"I am going to miss you, Kaye," Empress said in a tearful voice.

We were standing outside the loft's entrance. Empress was going home for the weekend because her family came to the country to visit her. And yesterday was the best photo shoot ever.

I looked at the family members who were waiting for Empress. "You'll see me again on Monday. Now go, your parents must be waiting for you already." I told her.

We had stood there for nearly half an hour saying goodbyes. Empress is reluctant to go, but this bonding is important for her family since they haven't seen each other for a year. She wants to be with them but she doesn't want to be away from me.

"I'll see you on Monday." She leaned forward and kissed my cheek, hugging me tighter.

"Alright, have a safe trip." I winked. I saw her blush a little. "Call me if you need anything alright?"

We walked to the waiting car and Empress got in. After another round of hugs and kisses, the car finally drove away. I stood there and looked at the car until it became a tiny dot.

Whoa. That was the longest goodbye I ever had. People looking would think that Empress won't be coming back to the International Photography Club anymore. I walked back into the loft heading to her room.

It would be a quiet weekend with the four of them went for a break. Iko went to visit his grandmother and Jeon went for a date with a local girl. Mr. Ainsley had told me that I could go home if I want to since half of the members asked for a day off from the activities with personal matters. I would have two days all to myself. I thought about what I could do to spend my time.

Of course, I could spend all night by the beach with my beautiful mermaid, but she hasn't called for me ever since then. I was really missing her a great deal. While I was spacing out, I didn't notice that Rosa was beside me. 

"How are you, Rosa?" I said.

"You didn't even talk to me in the past few days and when you do, it's because practically all the members of the club are away. I'm hurt." Rosa pouted. 

"I'm sorry. But really, how are you?"

"I'm fine," Rosa commented. We went quiet for a while. Rosa was waiting for me to speak but none came.

I had felt pathetic for not talking to her. I had no valid reason not to talk to her and perhaps I'm only using the incident 12 years ago as an excuse.

"Hey Kaylor, are you still there?" Rosa asked concerned.

"Yeah... Sorry about that. I thought a saw a bee." I lied.

She leaned forward with a hand on the knee. "So, how are you? Have you gotten used to being with this?"