Chapter 37 Tail

Empress

It had been impossible to sleep after the events of yesterday. As I lay in bed all night I was wide awake to even get a wink of sleep because I was rehearsing possible conversation openers, and wondering what I was going to wear tomorrow should I ever chance to see her again.

I had replayed every single word she had said, twisted them so they fit into every possible meaning I could think of, and by the time I had done that a few thousand times, I was far too wired to sleep.

There was a sudden strange noise coming from outside my window this morning. It sounds like yelling. Some local neighbors might have been trying to pull pranks on us again or maybe some of Morgana's friends came to visit her. The pacifist and curiosity in me made me peek through the window.

But I halted, jaw-dropping at the scene.

Morgana was having a heated argument with the mysterious girl. It was mostly the American who kept yelling while the other girl was calm and collected. I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Morgana's practice of the local language had improved while mine stagnated.

The mystery girl was all too smug for Morgana's uncontrolled ferocity that she left, flipping her hair with that extra dramatic flair. Morgana didn't like the fact that she lost the argument and quickly dashed back inside the main door.

I watched the mystery girl as she disappeared that I hadn't noticed Morgana was yelling inside the loft for a house meeting.

"What is it, Morg?" Jeon asked, still sporting some bed hair. "This better be important."

"Yes, in fact. I've decided to do a little photo shoot with our two little interns, nothing really important, but I'm in a creative mood and so should we be. It will only take the whole day" Morgana spoke conversantly. "I was wondering if all of you would like to join."

I glanced at Kaylor who was waiting patiently beside Morgana. She looked pretty, her hair hanging loosely on her shoulders. She smiled when her eyes met with the American.

"Of course, I'm in!" Kaylor said. Although she looked like she still wasn't fully aware of what she had just said.

"Then I guess I'm in too." Jeon said then yawned, walking towards the kitchen, "After I get my good cup of coffee."

"I'll prompt the interns!" Kaylor said as she pulled both Andromeda and Tosca away to retrieve some props inside the garage, leaving me with Morgana.

Facing our leader, I worked up the courage to ask. "Who was that girl you were arguing with earlier?"

"Excuse me?" Morgana chose to be offended and put her hand to her chest in mock-indignation, flashing several silver rings and short fluorescent blue nail polish.

"You were arguing with a local girl earlier weren't you?" I asked as my hands were strangely clammy, "The one wearing a denim jacket?"

A spark of recognition and slight fear crossed her features for some reason, but she kept her cool. "Yeah, I had to give her a piece of my mind." She said then clapped her hands to gather everyone's attention. "Alright, places everybody!"

"So you do know her Morgana."

"Don't let some random girl drive you crazy," Morgana replied, dismissively

* * *

The day had been long and harder than usual. Morgana had really worked us and the interns to the bone and now that it was a free day, she left us alone. So, I was ready for a night of pizza and a movie. There wasn't much to do, but I felt like just spending the evening alone. Sometimes I would go to a club with friends, or eat out at a restaurant, but tonight I didn't want to go anywhere.