Chapter 14 Karaoke

KAYLOR

"Today, and the rest of the week," Mr. Ainsley graced himself to us before breakfast. "We shall be busying ourselves with the photoshoots. You guys will do it together." He said, wiping his lips with a napkin. "Since most of you asked for a weekend break, I decided that we should start early in the contest that was delivered to us by mail."

We looked at each other; smiles reached from ear to ear and gave hollers of approval.

"I trust that you will organize this photo shoot on your own." Mr. Ainsley decided. "It says in the terms that you can submit any kinds of work, be it fashion photography, crafting photography, street, food or art." He noticed Rosa standing courteously beside him. "You can ask our dear Rosa for help regarding questions about Filipino cultures—or questions about how to do this and do that the Filipino way. This activity will measure your reliability to one another, your creativity and ingenuity to limited resources, and your knowledge about the country's culture. By doing so, it will reflect in your photos. It will reflect the months of practicing photography and living here for a month."

The members, who were optimistic with hopes of a swift victory, finally agreed to the decision.

"I already have an idea!" Iko said. "We can have Kaylor be our model because she's Filipino."

"That's a great idea." Empress smiled and color rose from her cheeks.

"We can also have you, Iko," Jeon said. "I mean, Filipinos and Indonesians have the same ancestors and almost have the looks and language."

Iko nodded. "Who will hold the light?"

"Morgana can so." Jeon offered.

Morgana threw a glare at him. "Oh no, I won't. I want to take pictures." She said, scorn in her features.

"But—" Jeon shivered. He wasn't used that Morgana wasn't sweet to him.

"You can hold the reflector, Jeon. I'm sure as well, now and then you can take BTS photos." 

Jeon began to snicker, prompting Morgana to add harshly. 

"Not the Korean boy band! BEHIND THE SCENES!"

"Stop it guys! And yes, Jeon," I added partly because I have my reasons and partly because I don't want another fight here. "Fashion, parties, and culture aren't your thing. You're a great shot but your photos are better when it's all about action. There's more action behind the scenes."

"I suppose yer right. But I also want to improve that so, can ye just let me take a few shots in the end, then?" he asked.

"Oh, alright," We all agreed.

"What's the theme?" I queried.

Jeon posed like the Thinker. "Must be something that has to do with the country..."