Chapter 19 Scar

MORGANA

When I had awoken that morning, I found myself disorientated in a strange room and my head hurt like hell. I looked around the room and slowly traced back the previous night events. The dinner with my parents, meeting Kaylor with the mermaid-who-had-grown-legs, getting drunk, forgetting my keys and how I ended up in Kaylor's room.

A small smile appeared on my face at the thought. I looked around and noticed that I was alone in the room with Kaylor nowhere in sight.

The faint sound of water running in the bathroom answered my question about where Kaylor was this morning. I took this opportunity to observe unfamiliar surroundings.

One side of the room is neat, tidy and organized. In fact, with the choice of soft colors and types of furniture while on the other side, it's messier. Books were haphazardly scattered on the desk with a Jansport bag lying on the floor. The whole scene just screamed Kaylor.

I spotted the glass of water near the nightstand and reached for it. My mouth felt fuzzy and my throat was dry. I laid back down on the comfortable bed, marveling at how good the soft fabric felt on my bare skin, yet my fingers were aching and tingling with the need to touch more of her. I inhaled a lungful of air, preoccupied with her scent.

That's when I noticed there's no sound coming from the bathroom anymore. I was a little unsure of what do or how to face Kaylor so I hid under the cover again and faked being asleep. Shortly after, the locked on the door was clicked open and Kaylor paddled into the room.

At first, I wanted to give the other girl privacy so I closed my eyes. But soon it proved to be hard since the wardrobe was located just beside the bed and I can hear Kaylor walked to my direction. The other girl was now only standing a few feet away from me. The temptation was too strong to resist so I cracked one eye open for a sneak peek.

There stood Kaylor toweling her hair dry, wearing only shorts and sports bra. Kaylor's small but her body was well toned. The skin was sun-kissed. I felt a little perverted looking at the other girl like this but I couldn't tear my eyes away. I was so fixated with the sight before me.

My heart began to hammer and my breathing sped up. Looking at Kaylor like this was causing funny things to happen to my body. Seeing a girl in the state of undress wasn't unusual for me at all. But this was the first time I was getting this kind of reaction from seeing another girl's body. I never feel like this around my cheerleader friends in high school or my roommates in any other organization I've stayed. What's happening to me?

Fascinated by the sight, I looked more intently at the other girl. Kaylor was standing there choosing what clothes to wear, the whole time unaware of the voyeur I've become. I traced her fine contour and.... wait, what was that? I noticed something near Kaylor's hipbone. It looked like a mark or something. Just then, Kaylor turned and I could see an outline of an image.

"You have a scar!" I shouted excitedly, scaring the other girl.

"Wha—!" Kaylor was startled by my unexpected voice and quickly tried to cover her scar with a shirt.