Chapter 21 Sprain

KAYLOR

I ran as fast as I could towards the field where the last place I saw Empress. My mind was filled with thoughts about my friend's safety.

"Empress!" I shouted, "Empress where are you?" I tried calling the blonde's phone but no one picked up. To make things worse, my hearing ability wasn't receiving any signals. "This is bad." I continued to look for her.

I kept shouting the Canadian's name until my throat hurts.

From the distance, I saw Iko's motorcycle by the bush that she borrowed beforehand. "Please, please... let her be okay!" I pleaded to whoever up there that might hear me. I'll never forgive myself if anything happened to the blonde.

"Empress!" then I heard it, my name being shouted back. Although faint from a normal's perspective, I knew it was the Empress calling for me.

"Kaylor..." Empress was sprawled under a tree.

When she was riding, a monkey jumped down like a deer caught in headlights it was rooted on the ground, stopping the motorcycle instantly, resulting in her being thrown off the ride when she tried to hit the brake, but when she did, due to her speed, she pressed the brakes of the front wheel, but not the back. She landed ungracefully on the rear and accidentally sprained her ankle. She had laid there for about five minutes, trying unsuccessfully to get up.

"Empress!" I knelt beside the girl. I immediately checked for any wound. Other than the sprained ankle and some scratches, the girl appeared fine.

"Ow... Kaylor, what are you doing here?" Empress tried to cover her torn skirt. She didn't want me to see her like this.

"Uh... I was walking around the field and saw what happened." I lied. In truth, I had heard the entire thing through my ears and the vibrations from the earth. I heard the wheels screech and Empress's scream and quickly ran to the girl's rescue. I proceed to slip one arm under the girl's waist, attempting to lift Empress.

EMPRESS

I yelped at the unexpected move from her. Kaylor was surprisingly strong. Even with our height difference, she managed to lift me easily. In other circumstances, I would have fainted at our romantic position. I wanted to be held by her but not like this.

"W-what are you doing?" I blushed. My face was pressed to Kaylor's chest and I could see the other girl's face up close. With the sun hitting Kaylor's head and her features highlighted, she looked incredibly beautiful.

My heart thumped so loudly I could feel the vibrations in my ribcage.

"You might fracture your leg. I'm taking you to the infirmary."

"I can walk! I must be heavy... put me down." I protested in embarrassment.

"Nonsense let me take care of you alright," Kaylor replied calmly.