12) KILROY WAS HERE

Chapter B

ORIGIN OF THE BROTHERHOOD

4) KILROY WAS HERE

4 June 2012

Meeting someone gives that me-ting, that tingle of joy to me. I cherish it, like an estuary at it's culmination. I clearly remember the day we first met .
Those days were of cheer, loyalty, patroned to the comradery entirely dedicated to all known celebrations. Time flies in AFMC, everyone says.

Absolutely true from my perception about being a school kid, ramping in to military fraternity, evolving in to a mature teen and then as gentleman cadet in my almamater. My exposure to mad maddy happened even before ourselves being a part of alma mater.

I flew all the way from the city of zamorins to fortress of peshawas to attend my first ever interview to any medical college.Like my colleagues I was in my formal suit and brougue shoes well prepared to face all those poisonous arrows from delegates.We were made to sit in the order of our merit numbers outside the fortress carved out from granite rocks during british era. Their buildings were rock as if they wanted to rule over India for centuries.

Meanwhile a young man entered in his age old T shirt and  torn denim wearing just sandals and sat on the vacant chair next to me.

Candidates sitting in front of lion's den eventually focused on him, deviating from the notes and relics they were anxiously going through.
"Dont you think this attire is too much?" I whispered in to his ears.
"I actually don't want it." He smiled.
"How rude!" I whispered in my heart. He must be some spoilt brat dragged here by  parents, I thought.

After that  encounter we didn't meet for a while until our admission procedure were on together a month later.

"Hi I am Roy, hope you remember me?" I couldn't hesitate to open a conversation with the only known face that day.

"Hi Roy, I am Madhav. I hope we're lucky enough to meet again. How did your interview go?"

"It was good.I had no surprises when they published the final rank list."

"I was" He smiled uncomfortably. "You know I am still in a dilemma."
Unfortunately his dad had only one return ticket to his hometown that evening.

Though he looked confused we had only one option left to choose that evening;which room to share for our first year in college. Our parents did rest part for us both and we ended up in 4 top 8 room.

Altogether there were 8 blocks in old boys hostel, each with a ground, mid and top floors with 8 double rooms in each. Only top floors were being allocated to freshers considering few security measures and that year they started filling from 4 th block.

Still there were fifteen days left with him to make choices; to stay or leave. He kept stabbing my head about the same.

"Roy, I wanted to be a doctor. But I should have been there with her. You know we just started liking each other."He talked like a genuine lover boy at times when he had his mood swings

Otherwise in  normal swag, he said
"Roy, this campus has inspired me nevertheless before. I don't want to loose it just out of my home sick."
The boy was confused between two shores learning to swim in pleasant waters.

The art of forging under the smithy began once our bond period began and then came the first college day. By that time he realised no time left to choose between his dream and love.
We were busy learning those 'fundas' from seniors preparing ourselves for orientation sessions.

The grills which guarded our floor started ringing all in a sudden.
'Oye facche' cries filled the floors, everyone's heart started ramming up with each thud
.
We dressed up in blacks & whites, lined up before the closed drills in the order of our room, in pairs.