25) UNVEILING THE SECRET SOCIETY

CHAPTER C

A TALE FROM THREE CITIES

1) UNVEILING THE SECRET SOCIETY

Light of day draining away, giving way to the velvety sky and my heart thudding with fear as I turned to him, who caught me peeping in to their secret society.

"Hei little girl, why are you here?" I turned towards the soft voice behind me.

Seeing him suddenly, an anxiety ran through my veins and filled my core. I thought running was no longer an option, as I felt I somehow knew him before.

Such a handsome guy have I ever met in life before? I turned nervous and minutes had passed while I try to outrun it.

I felt like a kitten getting caught stealing milk, my soul wants to be ripped out of my body to escape the sensation that I am going a million an hour with a paralyzed body.

I first saw him getting in to the hut with Madhu.For a moment he looked like a tall young man whom Shruti had introduced to us the other day.
Now he stands behind me as if he caught me following his secrets.

'How am I supposed to manage this shock?'

"Hi, I am sana. I came here to check whether Madhav is here or not." Words sputtered out of my soul in confidence as my conscience was making up for my tensions.

After all,I don't want to hide a thing from him. It's their place and I just wanted to explore it a bit.

"Oh great! Please come inside, he is here." He said while I was trying to recollect that face so strong and defined.

He was handsome from the depth of his eyes to the gentle expressions of his voice. His curls were midnight black and his eyes dark brown, framed by graceful brows.

I had seen him fetching Madhu from the accident spot few weeks back. It was his brother whom shruti had introduced long back.

'But he entered the room just before me, then why would he come around to tail me' I kept pondering about the same face who had entered in to the same hut ahead of me.

"By the way I am Kabir das, his brother."

"I remember you're the one who dressed his wounds." I smiled

"Nope I am his alter ego." The young man smiled at me viciously.

He gently opened the door of that hut and invited me inside.

Unable to hold on to his cryptic message I decided to walk in to that secret place just to meet another surprise.

'Lakshmi!' I exclaimed instantly on seeing my lady host, as I had always wished to meet her ever since those sessions of mananchira case in court.

She had grown thinner, deeply set eyes with an ocean hidden behind it. Her hair jet black with silhouettes, had grown shorter with prominent wrinkle around the cheekbone.

Still her eloquence & determination which had shook my heart once remained unchanged, her face lit up like thousand suns seeing me.

"Hi Sana, how come you're here?" Madhu who was sitting next to his sister stood up astonished. Neither of them were expecting such a visitor there but all happened.

"I was just investigating the secret behind your absence and it led me here."

"Sana, meet my sister Lakshmi. She has been a teacher and warden here since long time." He said.

"Yes, I know." I exchanged a pleasant smile to her.

"How come??" Madhu looked quite surprised and he enquired.