14)THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

Chapter B

ORIGIN OF THE BROTHERHOOD

4)     THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

It was during the admission process I happened to meet this handsome young man.
After completion of physical check up few candidates were ruled out and with me and maddy, he stood outside laboratory to get our investigations done.

"Praveen Jose" the pune outside the blood collection cente called out his name and he walked in to the room followed by which maddy and then myself. 

Once the nursing assistant drew my blood I was handed a bottle and  send to the urinal.

"Roy,,roy!!!" I heared  a whisper from a corner of that wash room.
"Hey!! what happened?" I was shocked seeing him standing amidst a pool of water soaking his formals from from head to toe.

"I think I am getting nervous,  not able to collect a drop of urine. Can you borrow some?"

I was supposed to smile at it but for a moment I sympathized for his out of the world confusion.

"Praveen you keep calm. If you go out and have enough water you'll get ample for submission. Instead if you use mine and I have even mild problem we both get rejected together. Think of it before you leap!!"

"Yes, you're right . I should try again but you please stay."

Fortunately he was successful in next few minutes and we could walk out of that floor in diamond Jubilee block together.Unfortunately he decided to go back with his parents for another counselling so couldn't join us in the same floor that evening.

Destiny brought him back to our alma mater a day before the college day when everything changed. While we were struggling to mug up fundas he impressed everyone with his basketting skills at afmc day match between alumni and cadets. We cheered him  from the gallery and greeted him warmly for the orientation lessons.

Those days were hectic from dawn to dusk; getting up for a 5km run before the prime rays, that too after long sleepless nights orienting to system, marching in penguin suite to and fro the classes, gossiping amidst the cadavers of dissection hall and fetching enough sleep in anatomy lectures. But still the bonding grew from the beginning and she came in amidst us much unexpectedly.

Our anatomy department was adjacent to the admission cell and it had the only washroom which we could fetch near by. One day during short reccess myself, maddy and praveen  climbed down the wooden staircase and walked towards the same.

"Hello, guys." A middle-aged man in grey shirt wiping his baldness with palm called for  one among us.

As usual enthusiastic maddy was the first to respond to his call. He asked for an escuse and stepped forward to greet his new well wisher.

"You guys are the new admissions, right?" He enquired with a blood flecked eyes straight by scanning us as whole. Maddy  humbly nodded with a smile.

"I am  Srinivas menon from thrissur. Hope you guys know Ravishankar??"

"Yes, uncle. How do you know him?" Maddy enquired.

"He was lakshmi's classmate  back in highschool and now she has got admission with you guys." He introduced his daughter before us so casually but none of us could control our eyes when she walked in.

At  that moment her eyes were glistening with joy, cheek potraited enormous greetings, her hair midnight-black , it flowed over her shoulders just to provoke the whole company.

The clash with in our clan was just to commence, we realised at that instant.

"Hi I am madhav. This is Roy and  praveen." Maddy introduced us to her lustering aspect.

Then he asked me to go and fetch ravi for her,I agreed enthusiastically. I don't think I have ever run so quick for my floormate ever after, but by the time I was back maddy already befriended her.

"Classes are to begin, times up ."he said  and manipulated us back to those poor lectures.

"I think maddy has a crush on her." Praveen whispered in my ears and it gave me few sleepless nights.

With in few weeks we started expanding our fang with in campus, beyond floor and the batch itself.