20) SILVER LINING THE DARK

Chapter B

ORIGIN OF THE BROTHERHOOD

12)    SILVER LINING THE DARK

I wasn't a hero until they came after our egoes on a rat race to fetch the commandant's globe. Then there happened the most peaceful  battle universe had ever witnessed. They crossed the line many times and we didn't forget, so decided won't rest until they're beaten. We walked shoulder to shoulder to complete our sweet revenge.

When one has been in the cold for so long, without the smallest ray of hope, and all that you love hangs in the balance, a leap into the unknown becomes prudence.

There were hardships,heartache and loss along the way-more mental pain than we thought we could ever bare. But we  faced our fears, learned how to take tests and then received the lessons of life. There weren't a single hero in the camp who hadn't spared their food or sleep for the whole extravaganza.

So a party was to be thrown so soon.

Another alarm went on before we could even plan for the celebrations; 'Silhouettes'

It means 'silver lining the dark', a festival of joy for the whole campus in which medicos from all around the country arrives and compete in our alma mater.

Fortunately it was the turn of the winners of commandant's globe to conduct fest every year. Training officer called term cadet captain to his office and asked to make necessary arrangements well in advance.

We held the next conference of the batch at the same parade ground from where we were overthrown few months back. Praveen himself took the leadership being the tournament director and was unanimously voted by all of us.

There after we needed certain appointments under him to coordinate the financial and organisational management of the festival.

Arpit took over the charge of treasurer, while I was given the charge of arts secretary and lakshmi volunterily took charge as the coordination committee secretary for stage events.

The one left was the charge for organizing 'panache'; the reknown fashion extravaganza of silhouettes in which most medical colleges across the country compete for a huge prize money. The reknown body builder of the batch and Mr AFMC krishna was given the charge forcefully by the kilroys co presided by the charming Gauri.

Finally we had to plan for the big celebrity event, the final eve before valentine's day. The previous year reknown singer from Bollywood Mr Gajendra verma had rocked the stage and our seniors got enough appreciation.

"Let's plan it according to the budget we collect over this month" Praveen decided as we were lacking funds to decide the same.

From the next afternoon we were busy searching for sponsers all around the campus.

"First let's collect sponsorship from the alumni across pune, then lets collect from alumni across the globe." Maddy who became arpit's right hand gave us the initial plan. Though there were only 7-8 members in the panel everyone coordinated towards setting up a huge budget for the festival.

"How much should we  contribute for the fest?" I had started the initial investment plans for the event.

"Two thousand per head would be enough, which all of us can tolerate as well. One hundred and thirty cadets would together make up to 2.6 Lakhs.
Whatever excess earning left after the event we shall divide among ourselves." Arpit had the best plan regarding the only stable fund we could assure.

"Well and good, how much should we collect from seniors?"

" Let's make cupons of thousand each, rest is up to them how much they wish to contribute." Arpit explained his baseline plan.

"Let the charming lady cadets collect from senior  boys and handsome hunks collect from pink house. In a way we can elaborate our budget to better numbers." The cunning fox among us all, my roomie proposed the equation for earning better investment.

"Quite clever it would be, we shall follow the same among faculties. After all army is wellknown for MCA!!" Arpit recieved the idea whole heartedly though most of our lady comrades were asking around for the expansion of the term MCA.

"That will definitely leave maddy jobless for the whole event." I cracked a joke on him that would definitely have hurt his feelings.

"Roy, you need not worry over that. I assure you that I shall bring india's reknown pop singer  'Usha Uthup' for the final event."
He shocked everyone with a sudden announcement.

"But we just have 2.5 lakhs rest assured in our kitty, would that be enough for her?" Arpit and praveen doubted at his intention.

"Don't worry, leave that to me." When he did that promise before us we weren't so rest assured but laksh and Gowri were howsoever.

We could in a week amalgamate around ten lakhs in the festival account chaired by our training officer, from cadets, faculties and alumni of the college. Next we needed an official sponsor to add elegance to the fest, which gowri fetched through her contacts in pune.

'Vivo' mobile phones were being launched in india those days and he could convince their marketing team at pune to sponsor the whole event at a lumpsome amount of twenty five lakhs. Once Vivo was in  stream the fame of the event went high through media and newspaper,more companies started approaching the tournament director for sponsorship, including Tata motors, symbiosis law school, real fruit juice etc...

Thus for the first time in the history of our alma mater the fest had the highest budget nearing a crore. Next step was organising the event successfully. By then maddy has roped in pop singer as he had promised for the huge stage show.

"As usual let's plan it over a week from feb  7 - 14. But we need a theme for the event." Praveen formally initiated the further steps a month before the proposed dates.

"How about ' Incredible India' where we can forecast the culture and tradition of various states and union territories?" Lakshmi put forth the first proposal.

"But that would be a repearation of our hobbies event during college week." Unknowingly my negation hurted her deeply which I came to know as she started ignoring me there after

"Yes, let's go for a theme based on Harry Potter books." Term adjutant anandita proposed a different theme and most people were going with it.

"We shall decorate our alma mater like Hogwarts and amaze guests and participants with the new world of magic." Praveen unanimously announced the theme of our silhouettes.

But that evening I saw my lotus fading in to the pond as she walked away  without a good bye.
*********************************** "Roy, Do you really love her?" Maddy added some exclamation as he has been noticing us for long.

"Yes, bro but the way she walked out of the counsel today. I don't think  I am gonna succeed so sooner."

"If you think being a batch hero for while would bring passion in her, you're wrong. You are such talented chap,but your sarcasm sometimes peels the heart of the people who loves you."

I could easily catch what he has been saying but admitting to him seemed irrelevant at that moment.

"I was thinking about the future of our event rather than pleasing her." I replied

"You might be but she was ultimately sad.A woman always seek a partner who wish to keep her happy. They expect three things from the one they choose in life; love, care and consideration.