16) THE LONG NIGHT OF ANNIHILATION

Chapter B

ORIGIN OF THE BROTHERHOOD

8)THE LONG NIGHT OF ANNIHILATION

Finally it was a hot saturday evening, weather like the leathery hearts of freshers aka 'facchas' were getting warmer like never before. It was a do or die situation.

Even after attending gauri's birthday party with my crush and roomie, my mind could not keep calm.

"Do something or you will all be screwed." Devil who used to orient us through the grills sounded nervous that day.

We came to know that only our immediate seniors were orienting us so far, belonging to 'Srinagesh(S)' county.

"Dark lords of 'Mahadev(M)' and 'Anandnarayan(A)' are gonna rule these nights. Under their reign no soul shall survive the long night. Better be prepared, else flee!!!" Itch worm screamed on our faces.

'Are we prepared?' We asked among us , also in our newly built social media group. Few of us were but few weren't.

If one of us would make a blunder during the whole session, the whole batch shall suffer. The degree of torture is gonna be the same but the long night shall be postponed until each among the precious 105 orient and well verse with the fundas.

"Shall we flee tonight?" Praveen had this idea at B mess during dinner and for the first time Maddy agreed to him.

"But cowards do that." Ravi and baba could not agree to it.

"Then, why does Itch worm gave this idea?"

"Praveen is right. They are leading us the right way, the kilroy way." Amol from '3 top' came up supporting our leader.

More people came up with support for the flight, while a handful of them were brave enough to vote against the motion. Thus arose the dissension among us for the first time since our county 'Krishnamurthy(K)' was formed.

"Bro, how can we leave as a whole. Ustaad have a head count before dinner and if he find the floors are empty tonight, warden will be alerted ,so do the college authority."I had another valid point to make.

Then opened up the great 'Round table conferrence' to discuss the modus operandi for facing the 'Day of doom'. Other floors from 3 top to 6 top and 3 mid to 6 mid sat around the dining table of B mess and finally decided the plan.

"Half the batch will stay out of the campus while the other half will remain, such that no room shall be vacant. Even our 'ustaad' Havildar Rama rao won't come to know about it. It will remain a batch secret, though we will put in knowledge of our immediate mentors." Praveen like a true leader announced the ultimate desicion of the county.

"But one thing ,we will remain in touch to each other. In case the seniors come in, the gallant shall inform the reconnaissance team outside immediately. If they chose to postpone the night leaving you all, its good friday. Else we will fall back to face the worst in this long night." I added to his words as the bill was already passed in our cadre.

"Morrior invictus" The whole realm said the slogan before we parted our ways.

Though it was maddy who wanted to flee at first, he had to remain in room as I got the opportunity to lead the 'reconnaissance group' while praveen lead the 'gallants'.

We walked in single formation till the last stairs where no seniors were around,ensured by devil and grey worm, splitted in twos.

One line climbed up the stairs to their respective rooms while the next line duck walked across the cross circuit lanes of verandah and reached 'U mess'.