21)THE BEGINNING OF COMRADERIE

Chapter B

ORIGIN OF THE BROTHERHOOD

13) THE BEGINNING OF COMRADERIE

Those were the best days in my life. I had finally won the rat race with my beloved sister. The secondary school leaving certificate glittered with a ninety plus smiles and it gave me  the sparkle of being a conquerer.  But at the end of every thing we all ended up in the same place;after all its all about where destiny takes you.

It was a rainy day, suhra in her cream and myself in pink churidars boarded the school bus from thekkekkara bus stop.

Despite my dad have been a lecturer there since a decade, we never got a chance to visit his kingdom. So both our eyes were curiously following the shades of grey through the wet window panel. Later I had realised why dad refused to take us both in his car to college, certain things can't be bought without the right  conduit.

The green little peaks and the bushes of paddy propping up in mud greeted us into this new heaven. Atleast ten kilometres away from the city lights,  amidst the green meadow lied our alma mater, St Teresa's.

As expected we had a notorious gang waiting to invite us at the gates. Day scholars who had come by the first bus after dawn were engaged in busy excercises through the corridor. Among them I could notice many known faces and a few unknown. I stood among them with my chin up, as if I own the school. My eyes challenged their leader and that was enough to dig myself  in grave.

"Oye pinkie come here." a handsome hunk clearing his disgusting spike called up.

But it wasn't sufficient to catch my attention. 'This is my dad's college and let me see if someone dare to challenge my pride'.

But suhra, surprisingly tamed to their orders and stood like an obedient kid before miss ancy.

"Ancy, you sort out that girl. If I might, she won't leave without tears." ordered robin, the hunk. Like a loyal dog she left my sister and approached me gently.

"Hei, you. what's your name?"

" Sana," I replied.

"You don't know how to behave in front of senior, do you?"

"Sis, I know. But you guys are being so rude to everyone."

"Ha ha ha. Robin just listen to this girl" She started laughing just like 'gabbar' from sholay.

"She is here to teach us to be gentle. You, my little munchkin come up." She ordered suhra to come up.

"Yes, ma'am." She looked up to her as if she was her ringmaster.

"You know how to twist a shabby hair, do you? "

" Yes ma'am." She nodded.

"Then put her hair back in to  hundred curls. She shouldn't look this odd and shabby." She ordered and my heart started racing high.

"No you can't do this to me suhra." I whispered in to her ear.

"Sana, this is all about ragging. Let's coperate with them and it will be fine soon." She whispered.

Through a corner of my vision, I saw our car approaching the parking lot.
"Look dad is here and I am gonna screw them all" I mumbled.

But the biggest blow came up as I saw him ignoring the obvious things happening in the corridor. He simply left us and entered in to his staff room. Now I have no options,  rather to co-operate with my new found beautician.

Suhra apologised in advance and started to open up my neatly combed hair. She twisted it in many bundles and coiled them until the zombie; ancy was happy. Meanwhile I noticed a familiar face approaching the mob.

It was again robin who marked him down.He was pulled in to the  crowd who were sitting in an imaginary chair and watching my ill faith. Rob opened up his  water bottle and emptied it in to his head, but he stood silent as if he was prepared for everything.

" Coward!!" I whispered holding my anger and frustrations.

"Welcome guys,welcome to St Teresa. Today its our honour to invite you all to this new home and hope you're enjoying our hospitality?" Robin continued with his mockery.

"Yes sir!" my new found class mates screamed out loud while I was reluctant to greet them at any cost.  The zombie again approached me with charcoal and started painting my face with it, as if they are gonna teach me a lesson for my attitude.

Suddenly the young boy interfered.
"Ma'am this is so rude." I was about to run in tears but was happy that someone have not yet lost his balls.

The whole gang turned against him for a while. He was made to front roll in the corridor meanwhile suhra took me to the nearest washroom and cleansed me. By the time we are back everything were calm and quiet.

The real terror of the  campus 'Miss Margaret' had arrived,  caught Robin with his gang took them to her office and had started  the real part of torture.

"I won't tolerate any sort  ragging in my campus. Those found guilty shall be punished ruthlessly." she screamed in the assembly that day, holding both robin and ancy on knees either sides.  That spread a wide smile on my face. 

Then the young man who saved my day,  was called on stage. He was asked to sign a written complaint against both the rude seniors, which he resisted.