24) THE LOVE SYNCOPE

Chapter B

ORIGIN OF THE BROTHERHOOD

16) THE LOVE SYNCOPE

Rain in pune was as unpredictable from the beginning, sarcastically our seniors often referred it to the infrequent itch of male groin hair. Sometimes it rained in summer, sometimes in winter and many times amidst the magnanimity of spring. However it always started at the wrong time washing away a million dreams.

Weeks passed after the valentine's night, and we three became closest friends in the campus. University announced their dates of second mbbs examination and every one were busy preparing for exams. Like the previous year we decided to prepare together and repeat the history.

One fine rainy morning I was riding my bicycle for the day's class and suddenly skidded in front of pink house and fell down banking my head on the road. It was a sudden black out I could neverexplain and when I came conscious, my head was resting on maddy's lap.

"Roy, what happened to you? Are you ok?"

"Yes, I skidded my bicycle and fell down." I stammered a little replying to him.

By that time few of our batchmates and and seniors gathered around to enquire my well being.

I quickly got up from the road cleared my muddy uniform which had torn a little and picked up my cycle which had its chain broken.

"Park it beside the swimming pool. I shall take you back to the room and you need to change your uniforms." Maddy suggested dropping me back to room leaving my bicycle aside for repair.

I then double rided behind him to the hostel and changed my dress realising we have already missed our first lecture.

"Roy, drink enough water and take some rest. You were unconscious for almost a minute, you almost had a syncope. If you are unwell I would like to take you to MI room." Maddy suggested of bunking that day's class, which I wasn't ready.

"You know we had promised her to discuss pathology slides at tutorials. She might expect me there, donot want to disappoint."

" Its okay. You come with me then." Maddy too agreed since those were important days of our grooming in."

There after he rode me in his back to the lecture hall but unfortunately we landed in front of training officer's car. He charged us for double riding bicycle, which wasn't permissible with in the campus.

Next minute we parked his bicycle besides the prestige building and were waiting outside TO office for punishment. Fortunately we only lost five hundred bucks from each of our pockets as fine and two hours of lecture anticipating the punishment.

"This fucking rain is gonna kill the day, I think." Maddy cursed the rain walking back to lecture hall.

By the time we reached classroom, lectures were almost finished and colleagues were moving out for tutorial.

But lachu was waiting us outside the lecture hall,she waved seeing us both from a distance.

"What happened to you both? You decided to bunk the morning classes and settle down in library.. " She asked as soon as we're closer.

"You won't believe lax, this was one of the worst days in my life. I was late for breakfast,so missed the meal, then while rushing for class skidded from bike and abraded my forehead.

Maddy took me back to room to change the torn uniforms.We were caught back for doubleriding by very own TO on our way back to classes.
We were counselled and lost five hundred bucks to his welfare fund.

Altogether we were both physically as well as financially tortured as many astrologers may say in horoscopes."

"All amidst this cursed rain of pune." Maddy mumbled with regret.