15) A MISSING SMILE

Chapter B

ORIGIN OF THE BROTHERHOOD

7). A MISSING SMILE

'Apparently I was not so careful that evening because while walking off shore a beautiful lake spread along the himalayan ranges like an ocean, my right foot suddenly slipped under the gravel.

My blood froze when I realized that I was plummeting headfirst toward a depth which I can hardly swim from.
Closing my eyes, I spread my arms away from my body as a last second defense, trying to propel out.

Suddenly I don’t feel anything.
I mean, I was  expecting to feel excruciating pain or at least some bruises and scars.

I opened my eyes to see that my feet are perched on the edge of the lake. This happen for a few seconds until my body is suddenly jerked back, and strong hands grip my shoulders.

“That was close,” a male voice says. “Are you alright?”

I was speechless. My mind reels from nearly getting into a nasty accident. But my heart started slowing down when I feel his warm breath brushing against the back of my neck.

“Hey,” he says louder now.
“Can you hear me?
Ugh, no way! Did you twist your foot or something?”

I hear him mutter some curse words as he holds my hand, pulling me away from the waters. We reached the side of the rocks. Then he leads me to a rock on which I could rest. There were sand everywhere and it was damn cold and to my surprise I was taller and a young woman by then.

“Sit down,” he ordered.
“I need to check your feet.”

I don’t know why, but I listened to him right away.
I watched nervously as he peels off my shoes and socks, kneeling down on one knee. He gently rubs my feet, inspecting for any injuries.

I didn’t even see his face, but his voice sounds very familiar.
I notice he has short dark hair which hangs over his eyes.
He has a gray backpack which looks heavier than mine.
I feel my face getting hot when I see some muscles bulging out slightly from his black shirt.

It suddenly hits me. I’ve seen him before. I have heard his voice many times but can't recognise him in a go.

"Do I really know you?"

Before he could reply, it started raining in the desert, as water tickled over my eyelids from nowhere..'

**********************************

"Sana, get up sizy. We have got special class at eight." I saw my greatest rival Suhra throwing water over my face. I felt drowning her in that lake, for spoiling my precious little dream.

"Go away dumb head. You spoilt my dream before he could reveal himself."I shouted at her and she stood amazed.

"It's 0700 already, aren't you coming for classes today?"

"Oh shit!!" Soon I was in senses and rushed to reach the bus stop ready in 15 mins.

I saw him sitting at the bus stop that morning. He was with his bag waiting for the private bus to his school. I recognised him at an instant but he wasn't giving a gaze. So I sat with suhra waiting for my school bus.

"What was the dream you're  muttering so loud in the morning?" Suhra asked me as she was always anxious about me.

"It's  a cute little dream and I wish it happened in real." I replied.

"Tell me na." She started pestering me and he noticed us.

"If you wish to get your dreams come true, never ever disclose it." He commented from a distance.