Chapter 1

"Okay Ezra, today you will be learning to sneak up onto someone to attack. There are some times that you can't use a lightsaber or your slingshot so you have to be ready." Kanan explained, still not taking his line of vision off the horizon. After about, thirty seconds of awkward silence, Kanan finally turned around to look at Ezra. "Okay, I'm going to meditate while you sneak up on me. You understand, kid?" Kanan asked and sat down in a criss-cross motion. Ezra smiled because he just got an idea. "Yeah, I understand." Ezra answered and ran into the tall grass. Kanan smirked and closed his eyes. He bobbed his head to sense where Ezra was. Ezra ran through the tall grass silently. He stopped in an open area of grass and held out his hand. He closed his eyes and concentrated on himself. After a minute of concentrating, a clone of himself appeared out of his body. Kanan taught him how to create a force-clone a few weeks earlier. Ezra opened his eyes to see his clone, and sent him to the other side of Kanan. Once the clone was over there, Kanan tilted his head to the clone, still eyes closed. Ezra knew his plan was going to work because Kanan could sense the force-clone better then Ezra. (Well duh! He's made out of pure force!) Ezra sprang into action. He silently snuck up behind Kanan and stopped about five feet away. Then he got down like a cat and pounced onto Kanan's shoulders and head. Kanan frailed around and screamed like a girl. Ezra finally got off because he was laughing to hard. "You...should...have seen...your face!" Ezra yelled out, trying to catch his breath. Kanan, who was now covered in grass stains and dirt, glared at his padawan. But he finally formed a smile and small laugh. "Okay, I do admit. That was funny." Kanan chuckled out and stood up. He brushed off the dirt on his shoulder and in his hair. Ezra stood up and went by him. Kanan looked at Ezra with a serious face this time and said, "Ezra. Where were you? I thought I sensed you over there." He then pointed over to where the clone was. Ezra chuckled to himself. "I almost forgot. Come on Ezra. You can come out now." Ezra said and glanced at Kanan, who was more than confused. "I used a force-clone like you taught me." Ezra said as another Ezra stepped out of the grass. It was clear and see through, but you could see the outline of him. "Oh, I get it now." Kanan said as the force-Ezra stepped back into the real Ezra's body. All of the sudden, Kanan came up behind Ezra and gave him a surprise hug. Ezra was shocked at first, but gave in and squeezed tight. "Ezra, I can't believe your actually using my teachings." Kanan said and let go of the hug. Ezra looked confused and asked Kanan, "Wait, why wouldn't I? Your the best master I could ever have." Ezra then stood up and hugged Kanan again. Kanan hugged back and they started to walked back to the Ghost, still both arms around both of their wastes. "And your the best padawan I could have." Kanan said and ruffled his hair. Ezra's face grew red with embarrassment. But all of a sudden, Kanan jumped out of the hug and yelped. His whole hand was burnt. "Ezra, I don't know how, but you just burnt me!" Kanan exclaimed in shock. But Ezra knew why. Before either of them said anything, Ezra ran off through the field of tall grass. "Wait, Ezra!" Kanan yelled to Ezra and ran off to find him.