Chapter 12

Kanan's P.O.V.

After Ezra explained everything, I heard him whisper, "She's not coming back." That's when the ghost never felt or sounded so quiet. I looked to the floor in sadness and anger. "But a life transfer..." I trailed off. Hera lifted my chin up with her soft finger. "Love, what about it?" Her soft voice asked me. I looked at her, trying not to look to mad. " A life transfer, was called forbidden by the Jedi many years ago. After a horrible incident with..." A tear rolled down my cheek. I guess Ezra felt my pain because he came close to me for a tender hug. Hera joined in because she's the only one who knows this story. I sighed and wiped my tears as the two let me go of the soothing hug. "When I was thirteen years old, my mother fell in love with a sith. The sith's name was Count Dukoo. And about three months before my fourteenth birthday, Dukoo became very sick and was on the verge of dying. This was back when a life transfer was only aloud to be used for the good and light side. But my mother didn't want Dukoo to die and specifically mastered the life transfer to save him. Then, a few days before my birthday, I found my mother on the floor dead with Dukoo running out the window. Now, from that day on, a life transfer has been forbidden from all Jedi and sith. But the image of my dead mother still haunts me 'till this day." I explained. I now realized that everyone, except for chop, was sobbing quietly. But then Ezra stood up and paced around. "Wait, so you mean to tell me that she knew that it was forbidden?" Ezra asked and stopped in front of me with a red face. "Yeah she di-" That's when I realized what was about to happen. Ezra had a few tears rolling down his cheek. "It's all my fault. If I didn't run away in the f-first p-place, then she w-would be b-breathing. It's my fault she's dead!" He screamed as a strong wind circled around him, making the four of us flying into the wall. I turned my head slightly to see Sabine, Zeb and Hera unconscious. I stood up and saw Ezra on his knees, crying. I went to get him when a wave of water came over me and froze me to the floor. Only leaving my head and left arm unfrozen. But I didn't care, I needed to get Ezra to stop. "Ezra! It's not your fault! She chose to save you by her actions! You had nothing to do with it!" I screamed over the loud sound of wind blowing through the room. Then it started to settle down until I was unfrozen, but wet. The only sound that filled the room was the sound of Ezra crying in the corner. "I'm so sorry, Kanan. I'm a monster, look what I did." I turned to see the three of them waking up slowly. "Ezra this doesn't matter. What matters is that we help you through this. Just like Jedi training, ok?" I asked and walked over to him. I kneeled by his side and ran my fingers through his hair. But then he jumped up and wrapped me in a heart warming hug and I gladly hugged back. "Ok, I'll try to control it." Ezra mumbled into my shirt. "Hey, do or do not, there is no try." I said and looked into his electric blue eyes. He giggled and that made me smile. The first smile I've seen on his face since training the other day.